Fly Tying
XPATier

Oh I Have A Vise Addiction

My name is Terry and I have a vise addiction. I've been tying for 45+ years, 10 of those years commercially and I have accumulated a lot of material, hooks, tools and oh boy...vises. Today my newest vise arrived, a Regal Revolution with the Stainless Steel Jaws. Oh what a nice vise. I have another revolution with the standard head and it's nice...very nice but the stainless jaws give you lots of room to work. It's a bit pricey, but worth it. I'm going to enjoy tying on this new vise.

In my arsenal I have Dyna-King, Renzetti's and Regals. Anyone else have my problem? It's ok.....life is too short not to enjoy it.

A06B2B80-F2C5-4322-B2F4-952BD8E9BD2D.jpeg

Nope.  I just don't have the "collector" gene.  I've got two vises.  One, a Griffin Odyssey Spyder cam vice, I bought when my original "BPS Supreme" started slipping.  Packing it up to carry with me when I travelled was a bit of a hassle.  When a Renzetti Traveler came up for $123.00, I bought it for traveling.

If my work travel is truly done, I'll likely put the Renzetti up for sale.  I won't need two vises anymore.

2 hours ago, mikechell said:

Nope.  I just don't have the "collector" gene.  I've got two vises.  One, a Griffin Odyssey Spyder cam vice, I bought when my original "BPS Supreme" started slipping.  Packing it up to carry with me when I travelled was a bit of a hassle.  When a Renzetti Traveler came up for $123.00, I bought it for traveling.

If my work travel is truly done, I'll likely put the Renzetti up for sale.  I won't need two vises anymore.

To each his own I guess. Some people drive old Honda's others drive new BMWs. 

Not I. I have a money addiction and it’s been piling up for years so I do feel your pain. Welcome! 

Beautiful vise.  The Regal design doesn't work for me personally but that's not a criticism, it's simply that I learned to tie on a Renzetti traveler and other designs "feel" strange at this point.  Regal makes a high end quality vise and I believe your vise with the stainless jaws and bronze base is the top of their line.   Congratulations!

I have to agree with DFoster. Regal doesn't work for me either. These things are always a personal feel about a vise.. I never keep more than 2 vises on hand which means they come and go. At the moment the vises on the bench are  Renzetti Master and a Cotarelli T-Rex. Love both of them.

Enjoy the new stainless Regal...a fine looking piece of equipment.