Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Woodenlegs

Sow Bug

For years I had a standing invitation from Tony Spezio to come down and tie at the Sow Bug. Never took him up on it.  Now it would be a two or three day drive for me.  When he first extended the invitation, I could have driven straight through.  A missed opportunity.

On 1/18/2022 at 9:52 PM, Philly said:

For years I had a standing invitation from Tony Spezio to come down and tie at the Sow Bug. Never took him up on it.  Now it would be a two or three day drive for me.  When he first extended the invitation, I could have driven straight through.  A missed opportunity.

Philly

i got to tie with Tony, he was a inspiration and a hoot to be around 

I initially met Tony on the old FF@ list.  He lived in South Jersey, not that far from me, before he left for the White River so I got to meet him and would run into him at the local fly fishing/tying shows.  His White River Demon along with the Chili Pepper which he introduced me to are two of the few Woolly Buggers I fish, and my modified version of his Froggie is one of my top producing warm water flies.  Just before he headed south, he sent me a package of fur and hair pieces.  Still have a few of them left.  I don't tie as many trout flies these days.

17 hours ago, SilverCreek said:

FF@ is still active. I did the FAQs back in the mid 90's

I pop in on the Facebook page every so often, Silver. Just to keep up and see who's still around.  Even post occasionally.  I still go in an read your FAQ's.  Just as educational now as they were when I first read them back in the 90's.  I recommend them to newbies.  I never did get involved in the OBA thread though I'm pretty sure I tied a couple of them up.  That's when I could tie flies that small.  Like many other single men on the list, I was heartbroken when she posted about her upcoming "marriage"  The FF@ list played a major role in making me the fly tyer and fly fisherman I am today.