Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
nathan

Fly rod Alabama Rig

My version of a fly rod Alabama rig. Casts well on a 6 weight. I used a small spring so I could change flies on it..NateE8DDF90A-6329-487A-BF5B-B3C9CCFEDF45.thumb.jpeg.4bf431cfdbd8ebb00eaa08947124dcb7.jpeg

6D9D02EE-3435-4BD0-81F8-84713CA377B9.jpeg

That's pretty creative.  I almost said it would be against the law in my state, til I noticed there was only one hook there.  

Very cool.  Excellent outside the box thinking. The fresh water version of an Umbrella Rig.  Not illegal in PA as far as I know even if you used it in the FFO stretches for trout.  In fact you could probably fish it in lakes and rivers with the teasers tied on hooks.  I wouldn't recommend that.  It can get interesting, at least it does with the umbrella rig in salt water, when you hook more than one fish.  The only fly I know that comes close to that is Bob Popovics "Schoolie Fly"  where you can tie up to three small bait fish patterns, like your teasers, on a single worm hook.

Thanks Philly…with only having one hook I would guess it should be legal any where. The Idea wasn’t mine..I had seen one on Facebook. I just took that design and ran with it..Nate