Fly Tying
breambuster

November Swap Club

Here is the thread for November. The theme is "Turkey." Your fly must include at least 1 material that comes from a Turkey. Even if it's barely visible, as mine will be, let's see what you can do with Turkey feathers.

1. Breambuster - Swapmeister - Guide's Choice Hare's Ear.

2. Jolly Red - Turkey Tail Nymph - Received

3. Crackleback - Received

4. J-Kno - Received

5. Netabrookie - Received

6. Add147 - Muddler Minnow - Received

7. Border Collies - Received

8. Kennebec12- Received

9. Fishingbobnelson - Received

10. Joseph Russell - Received

11. IMX

12. Vicrider - Received

13. Mcgx2 - Received

So what is your pattern?

Hi BB, Hope you are doing well. Finally settled in down here in Texas. If in January you are looking for swappers I would be interested. Still do not have a computer however have access to one so I will keep up to date on you.

Steve

Bassbugn, I'm only going to the end of the year to keep the swap club alive until then. The swapmeister that was running it had to give it up. There may be someone else running it after this year. My best advice would be to check back in December.

Add147, I would LOVE for you to do a Muddler Minnow. Could you possibly do it in a size #8 or less? I've had several guys, lately, talk about how good it is for bluegills if tied in a smaller size.

I've got you down, Jolly Red.

BB

Bassbugn, I'm only going to the end of the year to keep the swap club alive until then. The swapmeister that was running it had to give it up. There may be someone else running it after this year. My best advice would be to check back in December.

Add147, I would LOVE for you to do a Muddler Minnow. Could you possibly do it in a size #8 or less? I've had several guys, lately, talk about how good it is for bluegills if tied in a smaller size.

I've got you down, Jolly Red.

BB

Yes I think I should be able to do that in a size 8

Breambuster, I'm not sure what to do now. I have had my versions of a turkey tail nymph that I was calling the Australian Gobbler tied for a few weeks now but I don't know if you and the other swappers would want another nymph since that is what Jolly Red is doing.

Netabrookie, I doubt seriously that you & Jolly Red are going to submit the same fly. There is bound to be some variation. A different size, a different coloring or marking of the turkey, a different color of tying thread. Something. If nothing else, the name is going to be different. I say, send 'em on.

BB

This is kind of funny but I also did a turkey tail nymph. Pretty plain. Light lead wire, turkey tail feather for tail and body. Turkey soft hackle legs and UV lump for wing case. I also have a cross between a soft hackle/streamer that is all turkey. I traded a vise to Fisherboy for whole pile of turkey feathers and never realized there was some fairly decent soft hackle in there. He pulled it off somewhere on the bird and I've made good use of it.

Just thinkin'...thing to do is run the three nymphs on a string and get some great water coverage.

I have a few ideas lined up, I think I'll tie them up and post pictures and see if there is something different from the other ideas you guys have.