Fly Tying
Piker20

Stretch yourself Again!

Ok folks. Second Stretch swap is FULL.
Aiming for 6 swappers in total. Each swapper names 2 fly patterns which the others then tie. You do not tie your own pattern. You will then receive 5 versions of your 2 patterns as tied by the others.
This time I would like to stipulate one pattern is weighted and one is not. No other restriction just one weighted one not.

Please do not post any pics of your pattern or the ones you tie. I will do a group shot when all in.

This swap is open to everybody but please bear in mind that a variety of fly patterns may be named so while I encourage anyone to join, please be aware a good variety of tying may be required.

1. SM pattern 1. Rose petal (steelhead pattern) pattern 2. Rogans Gadget.
  2. FishingBobNelson pattern 1 Fluttering Caddis Pattern 2 Birds Stone
  3. Henrik pattern 1 Dalhberg Diver Pattern 2 ammonite nymph
  4. Professori pattern 1 Mikaluk sedge Pattern 2 bead head prince nymph
  5. LP ID 66 pattern 1 hackle stacker emerger Pattern 2 Kaufman stone
  6. Jacobellis pattern 1 Doobry UV bumble Pattern 2 Glitter John.

Everyone aim to have their flies landing in my mail box 27th January 2014.

I think I'm for this but don't quite understand the format. Maybe I'm a little slow. If each person suggests 2 patterns that's 10 patterns for tyers to do. If we need to do 5 of each pattern that comes to 50 flies to tie. What am I missing? Do we only do on pattern of each fly given us and then we only get back 5 versions of our own requested patterns? That would mean only 10 flies to tie...two of each of the patterns we're given. If that's how it is how do you do the pattern placement? Throw them in a hat arbitrarily sent out or do we get to pick the patterns we're reasonably sure we can tie well for the other swapper who requests them?

If the second format is right and we only need 5 each of the two patterns we're given, I'm in if you'll have me. With enough time I think I can work out about any pattern thrown at me.

I think I'm for this but don't quite understand the format. Maybe I'm a little slow. If each person suggests 2 patterns that's 10 patterns for tyers to do. If we need to do 5 of each pattern that comes to 50 flies to tie. What am I missing? Do we only do on pattern of each fly given us and then we only get back 5 versions of our own requested patterns? That would mean only 10 flies to tie...two of each of the patterns we're given. If that's how it is how do you do the pattern placement? Throw them in a hat arbitrarily sent out or do we get to pick the patterns we're reasonably sure we can tie well for the other swapper who requests them?

If the second format is right and we only need 5 each of the two patterns we're given, I'm in if you'll have me. With enough time I think I can work out about any pattern thrown at me.

OK Vic, you name your two flies and the other 5 swappers will each tie them both. You then receive back 10 flies total, 5 versions of pattern 1 and 5 of pattern 2. This keeps it simpler if people need to source materials or practice an unfamilier pattern.

So for clarity you will tie my Rose petal once, my rogan gadget once, Profs pair etc etc.

Hope you still fancy being in.

Piker, which of your flies would be weighted. The recipes I have found for each appear to be unweighted.

The way I've always seen them / tied them the rogan is weighted. Don't want to give anymore than that as I like to see the variety folk tie based on the same pattern.

i'll take spot #6 UNLESS the pms get back to you. let the pm's take the spot first

so one pattern weighted and the other is not?

google didnt find the rose petal. any hints?

patterns tbd for now

Norman you're in. If you google Rose Petal Steelhead fly you have a few hits. Depending on where you look some materials change a bit but that's the beauty of this swap, you receive a 5 varient version of your fly.

Yep one pattern weighted and one not.

i'll take spot #6 UNLESS the pms get back to you. let the pm's take the spot first

so one pattern weighted and the other is not?

google didnt find the rose petal. any hints?

patterns tbd for now

Piker originally posted as Rose Petal (original Gobin). Google rose petal gobin and you get lots of hits.

Henrik love to have you. Folk we might be adding a 7th member if Riff wants in, hopefully know by tomorrow.