Fly Tying
Shmang

Peacock Swap

***PACKAGES TO BE MAILED OUT ON MONDAY 12/23***

Looking to host a swap for 8 Tiers -- my only request is that the pattern have some Peacock in the recipe. It could be a wet fly, streamer, dry, soft hackle, etc.- don't care on the size or type of fly just looking for the awesome appearance of peacock.

Patterns will be due on the new date of 01/15/14. Once we get a full compliment of sign ups I will PM everyone my address and the particulars.

1) Travis Bille- Peacock & Marabou Streamer Flies have arrived

2) Netabrookie - Red Tag Dry Fly Flies have arrived -- two unique patterns!

3) Vicrider - Crackleback Flies have arrived -- two unique patterns!

4) Fishingbobnelson - Grizzly Fluttering Caddis Flies have arrived

5) J-Kno - Lite Brite Soft Hackle Flies have arrived

6) Atxdiscgolfer - Deer hair beetle Flies have arrived

7) Bigdewy - Sheep Creek Special Flies have arrived

8) Horseshoes- Minnow Streamer Flies have arrived

9) Shmang - PT Nymph variant -- Flies are completed- two unique patterns

I've been working with peacock lately and just got a new bunch of full feathers in. I've been twisting it with wire or using a thread loop to get it to hold up better since it cuts easy if wrapped on body without reinforcing. In other words, I'd like in too.

Just got back from the river and used a wet fly with peacock in it, it did great! I'm in!!!

Calling it a lite brite soft hackle, unless someone knows it as something else...

Attention: I have indeed asked for swap hosting approval and am waiting for a reply. If it is not granted I apologize for wasting your time.

Assuming approval is granted here is our updated swap team. This one filled up extra fast so I am going with the first 8 entrants plus me. We will each need to tie 8 patterns- you will not get one of your own back.

I will update you all as soon as I get word one way or another.

1) Piker20

2) Netabrookie

3) Vicrider

4) Fishingbobnelson

5) J-Kno

6) Atxdiscgolfer

7) Bigdewy

8) Horseshoes

9) Shmang

I am like a drag car sitting at the line waiting for the green light or a motocross bike all revved up and waiting for the gate to drop...although there is no bikini clad cutie turning the board sideways to signify 30 seconds or less...

Netabrookie-- I just spit hot chocolate on my PC when I read your comment - that is hilarious!! Well played sir.

All- I am still awaiting approval from the Moderators -- once granted I will change the due date to likely 1/15/14 to allow for ample time for construction and delivery. I appreciate everyone's patience and understanding. We have a superior group of tiers and I am exicted at what will be forthcoming.

Thanks

Shmang, I hope that one of the moderators replies soon because the needle on my tach keeps banging the peg and my foot is about to slid off the clutch... I have actually already tied up some Red Tag dries and will come up with something else also if we ever get a green light.

Take Care,

Tony

I still have not received any word from the admins but expect to get it soon. Let's go with the swap with a due date of 1/15/14.as mentioned earlier

I will be sending each of you a message with the particulars of the swap. Here is our official list - see below - note that "Travis Bille" will be our first alternate in case someone must drop out.

1) Travis Bille Flies have arrived

2) Netabrookie

3) Vicrider

4) Fishingbobnelson

5) J-Kno

6) Atxdiscgolfer

7) Bigdewy

8) Horseshoes

9) Shmang Flies are completed

Thanks for everyone patience.