Fly Tying
Fish For Life

Dont you hate it when...

You have worked your hardest to get the perfect spun hair fly tyed, then over trim it and ruin the whole thing.

What are some of your "dont you hate it when" fly tying moments.

What I hate most is the fastest way to find that material, you thought you had, is to buy more, because you just can't find it.

Cheers,

C.

Can't find my red squirrel tail, good I was tying with grey. But where is that red ? !

As far as tying, I have a couple of gripes with my tying. One is narrow as I thought I cut that V in the bottom of the caddis hackle it really is too wide for my taste. Another is , "oh this hook will be fine instead of that one", tie the fly and it isn't fine.

My gold oval tinsel molts, a new spool is like $1.58 but !

"Don't you hate it when" ... You go to watch a tying video and something about the presentation is disgusting enough that you can't bear to watch it?

....when you sit down at your tying desk/bench, only to discover that you've got a good 15 minutes of cleanup from the last session ahead of you before you can even find your scissors, let alone start tying

...when you're right in the middle of some exacting deer hair-trimming work, and the razor blade slips and slices a fingertip, which proceeds to bleed forEVER

...when you get yourself all nice and settled in--beverage of choice at hand, materials and hooks all laid out, good music queued up, cares of the world just starting to drift away--and then your wife calls down the stairs something like, "Don't forget we have to leave for dinner with my parents in 10 minutes!"

When a tying tool gets knocked into my trash can full of deer hair trimmings and razor blades, and I have to fish them out.

"Don't you hate it when" ... You have a great pattern idea when you're on the water. You sit down to do it when you get back home and ... you can't remember what it was!

Day two, I still don't know where my red squirrel tail has gotten to. I thought last time I used it I broke it up into two pieces so it could fit right in my tying box. That being the case one would think it would be in the tying box LOL !

when you don't have anything to post in the don't you hate it when section, because everything goes perfectly every time you tie......

ba ha ha ha lol couldnt resist

when you get three quarters through tying a fly and realize you forgot to tie in the ribbing....Damnit!

when you get three quarters through tying a fly and realize you forgot to tie in the ribbing....Damnit!

That's how I hit on a hares ear vs Gold Ribbed Hares Ear !

when you took pains to dye a peacock eye just the right color of pink only to have the stoopid cat make off with it.

J