Fly Tying
Fly Tyer Guy

Mono-wing Dragonfly

Nice Dustin . I had a similar idea. See great minds do think alike.

Fred

just a random thought , guys, but here goes: if you used a stiff enough mono, could one stretch material (similiar to say panty hose) over the "frame" of the wing to give it a more "natural" webbing/veining look? I would think so, but it would probably make the fly very wind resistant and create a lot of twist in the tippet/leader...but may be okay for close quarters/small creek casting? Just thinking out loud...

But I agree with SM...think the smallies would dig it!

just a random thought , guys, but here goes: if you used a stiff enough mono, could one stretch material (similiar to say panty hose) over the "frame" of the wing to give it a more "natural" webbing/veining look? I would think so, but it would probably make the fly very wind resistant and create a lot of twist in the tippet/leader...but may be okay for close quarters/small creek casting? Just thinking out loud...

Man I ain't fishin with no fly that wears panty hose "PERIOD". :bugeyes: :flex:

Thank you all for your comments!

Nice Dustin . I had a similar idea. See great minds do think alike.

Fred

I could not agree with you more! :D :rolleyes:

just a random thought , guys, but here goes: if you used a stiff enough mono, could one stretch material (similiar to say panty hose) ...............................

I am really, really, really, sorry but I can't resist any longer...... :hubbard:

Hey!!! That's enough!! I was about 18 hrs into a 12 hr shift (yes the math is Right) and it had been a VERY long night....if this is the way I get treated, I will just keep my rambling , random thoughts at home and let my wife make fun of me! So there! Take that! I'm taking my ball and going home!! :baby: :baby: :lol: :hubbard: :hubbard:

:hyst: :hyst:

Man I ain't fishin with no fly that wears panty hose "PERIOD". :bugeyes: :flex: