Fly Tying
Jaydub

Light Cahill

Whew! My comment popped up on a different thread. Weird!

I like this a lot... very nice work. I wish mine would come out that well.

great fly... all in great proportion! May i ask what you did to take the picture? where were your lights placed????

That is one pretty fly - beautiful tie. If I tied like that I'd loose them all in a tree on the opposite bank on the first cast !!

For your wonderful, aesthetically pleasing submission, you get the highest of post salutations and adulations...The Hank Hill:

Yup.

For your wonderful, aesthetically pleasing submission, you get the highest of post salutations and adulations...The Hank Hill:

Yup.

King of the Hill is so true to the Texan lifestyle!

great fly... all in great proportion! May i ask what you did to take the picture? where were your lights placed????

Thanks to all for your kind remarks.

Fishyboy,

I used one of these http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Concepts-Ps-...g/dp/B000FBF400

I used the two lights that came with it. One on each side, plus a halogen gooseneck lamp above. I had to adjust the white balance for that lighting. I used my old Nikon Coolpix camera. It took quite a bit of fiddling with the lighting, exposure and focus at first. I'm still not completely satisfied.

Jay