Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Chefben4

San Diego

Salty friends..

Heading to San Diego in September. I dont generally travel without a fly rod so this wont be any different. Anyone have any recommendations on a guide out there or maybe a fly shop you've been too? I found some..but first hand knowledge/recommendations are great.

No idea on guide recommendations for there since i went there to golf but you should definitely check out this restaurant on PB- www.worldfamouspb.com/

Probably the best seafood reataurant that i have ever been, bartenders make some good drinks as well.

No idea on guide recommendations for there since i went there to golf but you should definitely check out this restaurant on PB- www.worldfamouspb.com/

Probably the best seafood reataurant that i have ever been, bartenders make some good drinks as well.

Thanks dude! I actually booked a guide today!

Now I get to tie flies biggrin.png

Don't forget to call ahead and line up a good lawyer in Tijuana. No point in waiting until you're already in a cell and too inebriated to remember your high school Spanish. And be sure to give my ex-wife a hug while you're down there. She usually works the Calle del Puerco.

Don't forget to call ahead and line up a good lawyer in Tijuana. No point in waiting until you're already in a cell and too inebriated to remember your high school Spanish. And be sure to give my ex-wife a hug while you're down there. She usually works the Calle del Puerco.

Good thinking PJ!! While looking for a good one, I found these guys for you..

Funniest-Divorce-Lawyer-Names.jpg

damn PJ you got exes in every warm state in the country you need to find a snow bunny

Does this count?

Snow-Bunny-1754.jpg

Surely that's a snow hare heard you coming Ben and didn't want its hide removing for dubbing?

So I decided to abort my "bay" trip and spend the extra money to flyfish for Mako Sharks. Waiting for the guide to call me for confirmation but thats the plan so far. Anyone have a shark fly they want to share??

Hey Piker......What size line, rod, and reel is needed for that size shark? The info is not for me but for some the other old fellas on here. I know that Peterjay really likes the big stuff.

Looks to me like somebody's having a little fun with Photoshop - there's no fly rod in existence that could handle a shark that size, even it somebody was nuts enough to try it. It's a great picture though - my wife's up north right now; I think I'll send it to her and tell her I took it over at the causeway where I fish. Hey, check out the story below. This happened right down the road here, and unlike 99% of the stuff I post, it's actually true.

http://hamptonroads.com/2013/07/virginias-silver-kings-and-legacy