Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Latest pistol

I have been looking at this one for a few months. PSA Dagger. Its a Glock Gen 3 clone, I have been reading/watching a lot of reviews, they 99% all say it is amazing. So I just ordered..$529...Cerakoted slide, Venom red dot, threaded barrel. Picking it up Monday next week :)

srXKX1Q.jpg

Picked up the new addition to the family this morning. FDE PSA Dagger 9mm 15+1, Vortex Venom red dot optic, threaded barrel and carry cut slide. They really nailed it with the grip on these, fits my hand perfectly. Prob the most comfortable feeling pistol I've held to date.

WzonFbM.jpg

Does it have the "Glock" trigger feel or more refined ?  Looks really neat, would love to hear how it runs.

12 hours ago, mikechell said:

Are you going to get ... or make ... a silencer for that threaded barrel?

Probably won't do a silencer/suppressor, just don't have a real need for one and don't care to do all that paperwork, wait  time, or the $200 NFA fee which I always thought was straight up BS. I do think I will probably do a compensator though. I have been looking and reading some of the reviews on the zev compensators and might end up going with one of those..

Does it have the "Glock" trigger feel or more refined ?  Looks really neat, would love to hear how it runs

The trigger has good & bad to it. The shoe itself is real nice because it's a true flat face, which is something I love. I paid $100 for the flat face shoe I put on my Glock so it's nice the Dagger already comes with that. The trigger pull is a bit spongy and feels a lot like a Glock. So the bad feel is the take up till you get to the wall. Once you get to the wall the break is real nice and the reset is pretty short and crisp with an audible reset. So I plan to take the connector and trigger bar out this weekend and do a trigger job on those and polish it all up to give it a smoother feel.

I'll probably take it to the range next week to put a couple hundred rds through it and sight the red dot in so will let ya know how it runs.

tNJoVWT.jpg

Finally almost back to being all caught up on rod orders again, so taking a "me day" this Sunday and working on some gun stuff/relaxing. Been shooting the PSA 9mm a lot lately and it's quickly becoming my favorite pistol to shoot. They really knocked it out of the park with the swelled grip shape on this gun. By far the most comfortable grip on a pistol I have ever held.

Spent a little time and polished the trigger bar/connector to smooth out the trigger a tad more. Bought a Talon grip tape blank sheet and traced out a pattern that matched the grip inlay and put some grip tape on it. Got some 22rd mags, stainless threaded barrel protector, and since I use this as my HD gun next to the bed I added a light to it.