Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mikechell

Queen Elizabeth II

For all our members from the British Commonwealth.

My condolences for the loss of the Queen.  

While I don't follow the Royal family and couldn't pick post of them out of a photo line-up, Queen Elizabeth was special.  Her sense of humor and connection with the people will forever be the embodiment of a true Monarch.

Along with Mike, I wish to express condolences for the loss of the Queen.  She represented the finest of our world.

It’s amazing that she was queen with 15 different Prime Ministers from Churchill to Boris and swearing in the current PM Liz Truss. Just a week prior to her death. What a life and what a great person she was. 

Really sad that we had that kerfuffle back in the 18th century... She would have been out monarch in God's glory, too.

2 hours ago, chugbug27 said:

Really sad that we had that kerfuffle back in the 18th century... She would have been out monarch in God's glory, too.

I was there on July 4th 1976 when she spoke at Independence Hall congratulating us on our 200th birthday.  No hard feelings, apparently. 

In some ways, she was still our queen.  If anybody spoke of "the queen", you didn't have to ask which queen.  For example, Margrethe, queen of Denmark just celebrated 50 years on the the throne, but you never think of her as "the queen."