Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Here we go again...

Hopefully this year will be a little calmer for you guys, I know you had three come in less than a month last year.

That was 4, not 3. So many i don't even remember the names they all blur together into one big continuous storm sad.gif .

DUCK and COVER. Just route it up my way, my trees and plants are screaming for rain. ALready lost about 4 trees, can't water fast enuff.

I heard a report today saying that it was only gonna be 10 inches and no wind or anything else. But between Texas to Florida, escpecially Louisiana, is pretty far below sea level so 10 inches is like feet. Hurricanes last year-Alex, Charley, Frances, and last but not least IVAN crutch.gif .

thanks for the concern TB, they claim it will be a bad season this year. looks like they may have calculated right. it's starting already. most storms at this time travel thru the atlantic and up the east coast. we normally get the gulf demons later in the season. i am stocking up on budlight and life preservers as we speak. i should be ok. we are estimated at about 3 foot above sea level here. got to be careful with all the crap that comes swimming thru the yard though. pretty bad when you got to do an alligator check before heading to the mailbox.

Bud

Hmmmm, interesting choice tb2; a few days of wind and rain or months of frozen air and water. Decisions, decisions..... dry.gif unsure.gif

Hey fellows The tropical storm Arlene has just pased over me. I am offshore on a platform for Apache Corp. The winds are 60 to 65 mph and the seas this morning were at about 15 to 20 feet waves. Too windy to work so I have been tying up some flies. Being the boss has its advantages, Kind of hard to tie in ribbing when the whole platform is shaking. Having a ball. Hey Bud you ready for Nina, Devin and myself to go over for another Hurricane Party? HEHE

Thanks for the concerns fellows

Jean Thibodaux

Hey Steeldrifter:

I think if I try to cast in this wind I would follow the bait in HEHE. We had a hand line set last night. When we woke up this morning it looked like a fly line. It was out the water 20' just blowing in the wind.

Jean Thibodaux