Fly Tying
Al Beatty

Non-Tying Question

My other half works for Labatts Brewries of Canada in I.T< you have no idea how many jams he has helped me out of...and got me into .

im a blue collar guy, heavy equipment mechanic...untill mom got sick, picked up a job as a machinery operator here, and met the girlfriend, who operates another machine at the same place.

Cool post....

i am an ex-law enforcement officer, now unemployed/full time mr. mom and soon to graduate from college with a Bachelor's in business management. i have no idea what i want to do, other than fish and tie flies wallbash.gif wallbash.gif wallbash.gif

vinnie

I am a licenced commercial fisherman, bloodworm harvester. I am a director of the local harvesters association, and an elected member of the advisory board of this fisherie.

I’m 43, live in Burbank California with my wife and 12 year old son. Interests include traveling, fly fishing and tying.

I started a solar energy business back in 1985 focused primarily on residential and commercial design and installation. I have designed and supplied solar power systems which operate on 6 continents. Sometimes the small projects are the most fun, such as solar powered surveillance systems at the space shuttle launch site. I serve on the Board of Directors of the California Solar Energy Industry Association, as well as the Contractor member of the Policy Committee, which means I spend an inordinate amount of time meeting and educating politicians. I have a board meeting all day tomorrow. But, I will be leaving Saturday morning for a week in the Adirondacks.

My wife Pam is a Superior Court trial attorney, who represents and defends Los Angeles based doctors and hospital from allegations of negligence and malpractice. She is one of the best in L.A. and specializes in complex neonatal medical cases where potential life-time lost income raises potential judgment into the multi millions of $

My son is exceptional bright, goes to a private prep school a couple of blocks away from NASA’s Jet Propulsion Lab, where they are pushed to succeed. Personally I think they push the kids too hard, but when he’s working on 4 hours of homework every evening, I get to tye some flies. He started his website when he was 7 years old. www.grahamowen.com

Graham

Some really interesting and diverse occupations. Always interesting to hear what others do...

I am an engineering/product manager of a small radio frequency and microwave component group and therefore too boring to be of interest.... dry.gif (borrowed Monty Python line)

CD

"I've been trying for some time to develop a lifestyle that doesn't require my

presence." ~ Gary Trudeau

I am the Chief Financial Officer for a Florida based coatings manufacturer. The wife is a legal secretary for the State Attorney's office. I have two sons, Chris is a doctor and Adam is a, believe it or not, a gamer guru for Blockbuster Video. He plays video games for a living. Go figure.

I'm an advertising Salesman for the local newspaper and part-time flyfishing guide in the Adirondack region of NY. Hey, it keeps me in rods. laugh.gif My wife is in prospect research for Empire State College so all you rich guys will be hearing from one of her agents... ph34r.gif wink.gif We're both 32, met in college and have been going through IVF to concieve for a bit so it takes some time from the vise.

I want to be Al Beatty. yahoo.gif

I currently work for Enterprise Rent a Car while my fiance is in flight training with the Navy. I'll be shooting for a gig with a defense contractor after we get on permanent duty station. I want to get paid for playing with aircraft.

I am a Corrections officer for the Virginia Dept. of Corrections. gun_bandana.gif Can sometimes be an intersting job and can sometimes be like baby sitting the 18 and above. I work in a maximum securtiy facility that houses around 900 inmates. Nice schedules gives me lots of time on the water only work 14 outta 28 days!

The wife is a Licensed Optician and works for a major retail chain, nice job alot quiter than mine. But not nearly as interesting.

FM

Retired Miner 30 yrs for INCO now live on lake huron (MANITOULIN ISLAND)

so I can fish when I want

Tightlines Mike

i'm 47years old , retired third generation shrimp fisherman in the gulf after 25 or so years. professional taxidermist for 20 years. i now raise over 35 species of exotic pheasant and other endangered species of birds. i carve decoys and tie flys. i still have a shrimp fishing boat that a friend operates for me and another small seafood business where i ship fresh louisiana seafood thruout the country to resturants and distributors. I'm one of a few major stock holders in a bank here called south lafourche bank and trust that has five branches and also own a small amount of stock in hybernia bank. this suplements my income thru dividens. also play a bit of the stock market thru ameritrade online.

own my own home and vehicles and also property in the state of mississippi where i pursue my passion for turkey and deer hunting. i also have a home there.

i'm retired but actually i'm not. seems like i have more work since i retired than when i was working. wifes a homemaker and i have kids and lots and lots of great friends and family here on the FTF.

Bud

By night I throw freight for a local grocery store. During the day I'm a professional flytyer, aspiring writer, and fly designer.

My wife of twenty-four years has the glamor gig in our family. She's a stockbroker for the Union Bank of California.

I wanted to become a super-hero, like Batman or the Green Arrow, but things just didn't work out.

Data warehousing / Data mining...O yea some Pattern analysis B.S. too.

I'd rather be fishing though!