Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

So looking forward to it!

WvXfdMm.jpg

The Au Sable has always been my home away from home. Been going to it for 50 yrs and I always enjoy my 2 weeks alone fishing trip I take every year more than just about anything else in life. I really was not sure if it was going to happen this year, money and other things had me seriously wondering. It's been a good year for the rod business thankfully, I've managed to get the most caught up I have been on orders in years now, so have made reservations for my normal place I stay every year in June.

It's the trip that keeps me sane and recharges me for the whole next year. Can't wait to get away from the city, people, stress, and do what I love doing the most in life again soon!

BTW the pic is one I took back about 10 yrs ago of my fishing buddy Mark on the Au Sable. Probably one of my favorite pics I have ever taken, I always loved the way it came out. It won a photo contest at a fly shop back some year ago.

Steve, that is a nice picture I can see it winning a contest. Great that you will be getting away from everything for a bit, we all need to find solitude on occasion. Wish you peace and tight lines on your trip.

Chris

I'm glad you get to go again this year - I always enjoy your daily updates from those trips. It always makes me want to go and explore stretches of the Au Sable that I haven't yet seen.

I don't think I've seen that photo before - nice shot!:)

Although I have NO desire to live "up north" again ...  I do envy you your trips to that river.  It looks like such a great place to fish.  I could cast all day in a place like that and never catch a fish.

I couldn't sit on a log and stare off into space ... but I could fish all day.

Well it is almost here ...only 6 days till I leave. And to make it even better...I added an extra week to the trip. So I will be fishing for 3 full weeks this time all alone. CAN NOT WAIT!!! 😁