Fly Tying
JoeFish

Which hand do you tie with?

What hand do you tie with?  

223 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Although I'm officially left handed (writing and such) I learned to tie with my right. Also learned to play guitar right handed; a lot easier to find right handed guitars. I throw right handed but I'm all south paw when it comes to batting or playing golf. Just can't really make up my mind.

Based on all the fly tying videos I've seen I think I also wrap my thread the opposite direction from most people. If you're looking at the hook eye I wrap counter clockwise and it seems most people wrap clockwise. I can't tell if thread direction is a preferential thing or if I'm doing it wrong. I dunno it works for me.

I am lefty. :thumbup:

I write left, but eat, cast and play pool with both hands.

And I am sure thats from my parents trying to make my a righty when I was a little gaffer.

Which equaled one angry baby. :angry: :baby:

Cheers,

Aron

I try to switch off every couple of months. It's almost like dating a new girl each time. Oh wait.... nevermind.

I tie right handed, but also have always tied with a "counterclockwise" thread and material wrap. Don't know why, and after God knows how many thousands of flies, it doesn't make a difference at all.

Im left handed and i tie right handed. Ambidextrous is the word. I can also shoot the ball and cast well with both hands.

Southpaw here.

I just watched a video on the Whip Finisher and I had to think backwards.

Alex

Right, right and right. I've never even tried to turn it around. I do have to reverse some motions or gestures when I preach, but not many things that I have to do in reflected form. I can cast with either hand though.

I am a lefty and im proud im a lefty and im proud im a lefty and im proud :headbang:

p.s. SSSSSPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bugeyes: