Fly Tying
Joe Hard

Striped Bass Swap

I've been wanting to try tie some Popovics' Schoolies, so that'll be my pattern for this swap.

--Bill

I am going to tie the EZ Sparkle Sand Eel and I was wondering what color combos you all would prefer.

If any swap member has a preference, I will make sure you get them, me I am happy with what I receive :)

I was at the Post Office Yesterday, apparently the P.O. is changing the way they do things. My mail address has been General Delivery for many years. They informed me in order to keep my mail at general Delivery it would cost the same as a Post Office Box. I opted for the P.O. box. Anything addressed to my General Delivery Address will be forwarded to my P.O. box.

Regardless I have changed my address in the original post

I know the swap sign up closes next month, I just wanted to bump this up to see if we could get more interest in participating. 4 more tiers needed. I will close this swap when it is full with 12 tyers or the sign up deadline which ever comes first.

UUUUHHHHH Joe, how many stamps does it take APPROX. to get to Nova Scotia, I bet its a whole shitton though, hell I dont think Ive even ever seen a Nova Scotion before :dunno: :hyst: :lol: :hyst: :lol:

I think it cheaper to send something to Canada then it is to the U.S. If you put yourself in with the swap flies, I imagine the river I fish which is now flooded will be just about prime, by the time you get here. I was born in Ontario, but have lived here for over 20 years. I guese I am a Ontairova Scotian. Here is a pic when I was in my prime and doing real good.

http://www.talkflyfishing.com/uploads/gall...13a28ab4b91.jpg

ive never tied anything for stripers before, so i figure ill keep it simple. ill be tying a snake pattern on a 2/0ish

I think it has to do with the way there migratory route was changed and is changing back. The D.F.O wants to stop fishing for them here two. You can always fish for other species and if you hook a striper by mistake release it. Great gamefish.I know flounder fishermen that curse flounder and vise versa. If they do stop striper fishing i will continue to fish but for other species. All hooks will go barbless, and I will not keep any stripers. You must have generaly the same species as we do. Probally more than what is in the Minas Basin.

Still looking for 3 more tyers!!! I know this is a busy time for a lot of saltwater fishers. But the due date is months away.