Fly Tying
Joe Hard

Striped Bass Swap

Who can say no to a personal invite...

I have a whack of 34007's (1/0), so hooks aren't a problem. What to tie on them to be decided after some research. WHERE to fish them in ONTARIO; now there's a problem!!!!

One dozen salt water ties coming up!!

Art

Sand eels sounds good. Looking forward to seeing some of your flies.

Art all you have to do is head down to Lake Ontario and cast east. Long, Long, Long....Long casts!!!!! Glad to see you jumped aboard.

One more spot left. I will be tying next week and will open up a Joe Hard Striped Bass Swap photo page.

Man I like it when I join a swap with no idea about the fly or the speices that it going to be used for. Since I joined the swap I've been researching a fly to do, be have just one qustion. If I was to tie a baitfish pattern for striped bass, how long should the fly be on a 1/0 hook? I'll probably tie a pattern from this page:fly page

Art

Joe sorry about the delay, my life is getting more hectic by the day I will get em out ASAP. Thanks

Joe sorry about the delay, my life is getting more hectic by the day I will get em out ASAP. Thanks

There is no delay, The flies are not due until October 1, 2006. Take your time and enjoy yourself!!

I would like to see a full swap, only need one more swapper, regardless the swap sign up date is still the same and will be closed on that date.

The sign up date for this swap is over. 11 flies each, please put toe tags on the flies. The flies should be done and mailed so they arrive before the deadline in October. The sooner the flies arive, the sooner they will be sent out, and photoed.

Daryn and crew:

No posts here for a few weeks, so I figured I'd give a quick update on my modest efforts so far! I've got the bodies for the Schoolies done (not much of a job), and have taken time off to get my Steelhead Charlies done for the steelhead/salmon swap that closes next week. Those are in the mail, so I'm about to get back to the Schoolies.

Have discovered that it's too easy for me to get too much epoxy on the flies in attempting to achieve a round, symmetrical shape, so the next batch of epoxy I mix will be applied in very small doses (just enough to stiffen the wings). Have only used epoxy once before on flies, and am still getting a feel for it.

How are the rest of you doing with your swap flies? I'm heading off tomorrow with the family to Popham Beach (mouth of the Kennebec River) for most of the next week, and will do some "product testing" with my earliest attempts at the Schoolies. Will get serious about the epoxy work, and look to finish up and send the flies well before the deadline.

--Bill

Sounds good Bill, I have received a box of flies from flytire. I will start a thread with fly pics soon. I have been waiting on an order from J Stockard for some white and chartreuse feathers. They got here last week and I am going to start tying soon.