Fly Tying
Joe Hard

Striped Bass Swap

the member your waiting on is myself, and i should have chimed in earlier.

ive asked daryn to close this swap up, and forward me all participating swappers mailing addys, and ill get them out.

moms been sick since last month, had an opperation a few weeks ago, had a stroke last sunday, took her off life support on saturday. (basically what the pms were about).

Mike

Mike, Im so sorry to hear this news, as I stated in a previous post, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, and mother. I hope all is good!!! And for the record I myself am not a bit upset with you, take care of you and your family, that most certainly takes priority over a swap!!!!

Dustin.

Mike: Will be thinking of you and your family. First things first -- I hope your family is doing okay.

Bill

Daryn, I apologize for the comments I have posted, they were posted out of anger, and were outta line, and I should have not said them, but I was a little upset over that post, when I should have overlooked it, and I took it too personally when I shouldn't have, Sorry.

Dustin.

I have not had time to get to the post office. I dont have to leave for the tide tomorrow until a little later in the day. The flies will go in the mail tomorow and this swap will finally be over.

Hang in there Mike, my prayers are with you and yours

The later this swap goes on the more I believe I/we have been taken for alot of flies. I am out 12 swap flies and 12 extra flies I sent the swapmeister for being kind enough to host this swap.

I dont know about anybody else but I will never join another swap hosted by this swapmeister. He doesnt even have the courtesy to post an update on this swap.

I am totally cool and understanding with the person who had a family crisis to attend to, but if he and the swapmeister were in contact via PM's then the swapmeister should have had the courtesy to inform us that this swap might go on longer than it has.

This swap was originated in June and has simply gone on too long.

If you are offended by the above, so be it. I have actually cleaned up my rant quite abit.

Thanks,

Norm

I ignored your post on the 5th as the post above it I made on the first clearly said that the flies were going in the mail. What more do you want from me?

The extra flies you sent me are going to be returned. Don't want them, no need for rubbish laying around. You are so right about never joining a swap I hold. I will never hold a swap again.

Norm:

You might not care, but I AM offended by your latest post, and I want to tell you why.

You have every right to feel frustrated by the delay in delivery of your flies, and Daryn's recent communication in this thread has not been as timely and informative as it was in the past. However, you seem to have disregarded his repeated statements that he was trying to get folks to send in their flies, and his references in posts on October 21st and 26th to the illness in the family of the remaining tardy tier. It seemed clear to me that he was trying to get as many people to participate as he could, and he thought it was worth waiting well after the submission deadline. You certainly are free to disagree with his decision to wait for flies that did not arrive as promised, but I think that your comments in this latest post (and earlier ones) are unnecessarily insulting.

You're not in a particularly strong position from which to lecture about courtesy.

I sent 24 flies (2 patterns) to be distributed through the swap, and I, too, sent extra flies to thank Daryn for hosting. However, I don't share your suspicion that we are being "taken" for the flies we sent, although it would be good to hear if they've gone in the mail.

I've been planning for a couple months to request swapmeister privileges after the completion of the third swap in which I'm participating, but your treatment of Daryn is causing me to rethink that. This kind of personal attack takes the fun out of what has been, until recently, a great experience.

Bill

Norm:

You might not care, but I AM offended by your latest post, and I want to tell you why.

You have every right to feel frustrated by the delay in delivery of your flies, and Daryn's recent communication in this thread has not been as timely and informative as it was in the past. However, you seem to have disregarded his repeated statements that he was trying to get folks to send in their flies, and his references in posts on October 21st and 26th to the illness in the family of the remaining tardy tier. It seemed clear to me that he was trying to get as many people to participate as he could, and he thought it was worth waiting well after the submission deadline. You certainly are free to disagree with his decision to wait for flies that did not arrive as promised, but I think that your comments in this latest post (and earlier ones) are unnecessarily insulting.

You're not in a particularly strong position from which to lecture about courtesy.

I sent 24 flies (2 patterns) to be distributed through the swap, and I, too, sent extra flies to thank Daryn for hosting. However, I don't share your suspicion that we are being "taken" for the flies we sent, although it would be good to hear if they've gone in the mail.

I've been planning for a couple months to request swapmeister privileges after the completion of the third swap in which I'm participating, but your treatment of Daryn is causing me to rethink that. This kind of personal attack takes the fun out of what has been, until recently, a great experience.

Bill

Bill

I said what I felt and what others have said to me privately. I also cleaned up what I could have said. We are nearly 5 months into a swap with nothing but empty promises.

I also said I was cool with and understanding regarding another swappers family crisis.

There also comes a time when you simply have to cut your losses and get on with the swap. Maybe after trying to communicate with delinquent swappers and getting absolutely no response, its time to move on. You publish that you tried to communicate with them to no avail and ask what the swappers want to do.

Dont let me stop you for requesting swapmeister priviledges. I'm sure youll do much better.

Good luck,

Norm

I ignored your post on the 5th as the post above it I made on the first clearly said that the flies were going in the mail. What more do you want from me?

The extra flies you sent me are going to be returned. Don't want them, no need for rubbish laying around. You are so right about never joining a swap I hold. I will never hold a swap again.

I thought the flies he sent looked pretty daggone nice in the picts, I would fish em for sure :dunno:

I dont feel that I have been taken for anything, but the anticipation of this swap is killing me, and I think this swap actually set a record, for the longest lasting swap in FTF history!! :lol: :hyst:

Not yet. I'm in Florida so I'm thinking a couple of weeks from the time they went out. I'm looking forward to trying them.. the big speckled trout have moved back onto the flats.

I want to see a flatwing tie up close, as all the ones I've tried do not seem to look like the pics I've seen on Striper Moon.

Rick

Has anybody recieved their flies yet????

Dustin.