Fly Tying
Graham

Bird Photography

I finally got my shot of the Hawk. He allowed me the chance to get the shots I have been after. Now if I can just get a few more. I know, we are never satisfied with just one lol. Hope you like the pictures.

Ashby

IPB Image

IPB Image

Great shot Ashby.

Full size

IPB Image

Cropped severly. But I do like how crisp the little critter is.

IPB Image

Jim

post-3247-1205874673_thumb.jpg

I was playing around with Photoshop Lightroom this afternoon and stumbled upon the RAW version of this ruffed grouse photo I took a couple of years ago. I used Lightroom to adjust the lighting, make a slight adjustment to the color balance, crop it slightly, resize it and convert it to a JPEG for web use.

John

I'd like to say that I spent hours crouched in a camouflaged blind near this grouse's drumming log, but I'd be lying if I did. Truth is, this grouse had become habituated to humans. An ATV trail runs just a few feet away from this drumming log, and the grouse would fly to the log when the landowner came by on his four-wheeler. Apparently the bird mistook the putt-putt of the ATV for the drumming of a competitor. The landowner told me about the bird, and we went out to see if it would show up. Sure enough, it did. And it stayed near the trail long enough for me to get more than 30 exposures.

John

Fabulous shot of the heron. I see Spey Hackle.......... :D

Here is a couple of bird shots i got this week. The "hawk" is a Buzzard. Fabulous o see around and they are just pairing up for the spring too.

IPB Image

This one is blurred I know. (See converter thread) but they only do this when pairing up.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

The last two are a Blue Tit and a Chaffinch male

Just got back from a S. America deployment.

Brown boobie from open water on the Equator-

IPB Image

Frigate bird from Panama-

IPB Image

Snail kite from Lake Gatun-

IPB Image

I was wondering about the eagles. Fantastic shots. Is it at a feeding station or something?