Fly Tying
DaUP

FTF Business cards

Ive found myself telling alot of people I meet out on the water and in fly shops about our little community we have here. So I was thinking about business cards to hand out. Does FTF/TFF/RBF have business cards? If not if one were to make say 1000 business cards (if thats ok with the admins) how many people would want some to hand out? What kind ouf design would we want on it? I don't mind paying for them I would consider it a donation to the community. Whats everyones thoughts and ideas about something like this? :dunno:

figure out what it would look like and say,post it or pm it to me and i`ll get a bunch made up and pass them out in my area[b.C,Canada] to nice people i meet on the water.

It would need the name of the sites and logo,what it has to offer[Great place to learn& ask questions,beginners info for tying&fly fishing and rod building,swaps,realisticsandof course SALMON FLYS

And get admin to put a page on main board that directs people on the rules on posting and whereand rules on swaps and maybe post a list of names of people willing to help new people through pm`s[everyone is but sometimes it helps if people put thems selfs out there] The page could be titled [so you`ve found us or been invited WELCOME!!!] Just some ideas

How about a PDF file with the admin approved card that could be printed out on 8 1/2 by 11 business card stock.....then whoever wants the cards can just print them out.

HT

I was going to order them from Vistaprint.com since its under $20 for 1000 with an uploaded design but thats an idea to but from what ive found most printers that ive used have trouble with heavier paper then again that might just be the cheap printers I have

I think its a good idea too - maybe 1000 wouldn't go far though?

If the sponsors were on them prominately too, would that help offset cost? Maybe a sponsor with connections could print or do artwork or whatever, just a thought.

Maybe personalise them and sell as fundraiser?

I'd like some...

great idea wilcara we might have to go through a different route if we want them persolalized but theres no reason we couldnt do that

i believe this is turning into something the admins should work on if we want to start fundraisers and sponsers... oh Stevie boy where are you

I have business cards and I print them myself on card stock. I may design a generic one and send them out to anybody who wants them. Obviously, I can use all the help I can get to promote this place so I think this is a great idea. :headbang:

Sell them at a nominal cost and put the funds into the tying classes....

Personalise them for a bit more on special order for the same purpose?

Good way to increase exposure around the world for the sponsors....

I think you are heading somewhere good with this.

I spent the weekend at a Federation of Fly Fishers' sponsored flycasting seminar here in Texas just south of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. There were around 20 people there who fish and tye. I told people several times about the site and encouraged them to come in and I hope they do. I think business cards are a great idea!

Ray

At the Somerset show, TedPatlen, Plumbob, and BillTiesFlies had the logo pinned below their names on their booths. I had a tiny (1"x1") logo printed on a 1"x2" strip of paper, coated with tape, and the top sliced, and hung on my shirt button. Simple, cheap, and easily recognized.