Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
fcflyguy

Swappers being late

Guys we have a great bunch of tyers here I UNDERSTAND things happen ,but lets all try to get our flys in on time I have been in a couple of swaps that eveyone was not on time or worse yet did not send them in

I just hate to see a guy pay 6 bucks for postage to get his in on time and then we wait for someone else

or worse yet see someone not get his flys in at all then join anther swap all in a couple of days

JMO :dunno:

FC

Yupp Swapmeisters as well as swappers need to try to stick to the dates to keep things rolling along smoothly. And if theres some late swappers or a SM that is holding up a swap then please Pm one of us on the staff and we'll tryin get it straightened out for ya. We try to stay on top of things here but sometimes its so time consuming doing everything that the site needs we just miss out on some of the swaps that migtht be getting held up.

So let us know when something is going the wrong way and we'll do what we can ;) .

Steve

You have to know the people and that's hard sometimes on a board. I jumped into my first swap with an SM that wasn't the best, My last two the SM's have been great. I think that life experience has a lot to do with everything. The organization and people skills of the SM really makes the swap work more then the participants.

I agree, however, IMO some of the swap due dates are to far in the future. Having never hosted a swap I may be speaking out of turn and I'll take the heat, but, for example, it's easy to forget a due date if it's 60+ days out...I mean to offend no one BTW! It's hard work hosting a swap and I appreciate those who take on this challenge.

Later...

I guess a prerequisite to join or host a swap could be that:

All Swapmeisters and Swappers must have purchased a Fly Tying Forum 2007 Calendar and agree to diligently fill out their timelines for the swaps that he/she organizes/joins. Furthermore, all swappers involved in multiple swaps must agree to highlight timelines on the said calendar with different coloured highlighters to avoid any missed deadlines.

Think of it ...... this would be great:

1) Smalliehunter would unload all of the rest of the calendars.

2) Money would be generated for the forum.

3) We wouldn't be taking about this.

Before anyone asks .....

Yes, I have sent in my money for a calendar.

Yes, I am bored at work waiting for the Christmas vacation to start.

Finally, yes I am joking and I REALLY do not think my idea is a good one.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Slacker

I think all of us have good intentions when we join. Sometimes life gets in the way though and swap flies take a back seat. I totally understand that this can happen. I think that constant communication can smooth these problems out. The communication works both ways and only takes a couple of minutes to PM. My 2 bits worth... :)

Hey I hate it when we point finger and call people out that is just wrong!!! but I was in a swap put on by sage8wt and I am still yet to receive my flies!!!!! can I sue????? no I'm kidding (but I haven gotten my flies for real but I know why (he is lazy)) any way I'm with you FC that ticks me off to!!!