Fly Tying
Worstcaster

Hunters Swap

I'm in if its ok.... Will be the first swap for me. I don't hunt either but I hit a turkey with the car and the DNR guy tagged it and said I could keep it so I think that counts! hehehe. Might as well get some new flies after the body damage and insurance hike that bugger caused.

The beauty of fly tying with something you hunted for is, the feeling of using the whole animal and not letting anything go to waste. You could have left the bird to rot but did not; so I suppose it qualifies.

Outstanding! It was either that or the DNR would have disposed of it (read thrown away). When I did skin it, it was clear where it was hit. So we actually smoked the breast pieces, which by the way were fabulous. Makes a guy consider taking up hunting

Harvesting an animal is harvesting an animal troutbum just used a slightly more expensive bullet than the rest of us I'll second the motion on it counts.

Some one help me out here I still can't decide what fly I will be sending I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. I've got more dead critters around here than I really know what to do with like deer, quail, pheasant, coon, muscrat, and I don't even know what else. :help: :help: :help:

Steve

Ok I got it it just hit me I'll be tying a little peacock nymph with the peacock from my moms that attacked my bird dog one to many times lastyear time we put him to some use any how it will also have alittle turkey quill from the jake I killed a couple months ago with my bow. Finally a weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

Can I get an addy so i have something to put on the box these will be going into in a coupe of weeks please and thankyou.

Steve

If there is still room I'm in. Its been a thin year I only got 3 wood ducks and I'm keeping them.

I did get several squirrel tails though so I think I will tye some picket pins. I've been wanting to give

them a try this year.

tight lines

-Tom

Tomorrow is the last day to sign up. So far we have:

SM - Worstcaster (Kauffman's Stone)

1)- fanslerfisher (Undecided)

2)- Steve P (Peacock Nymph)

3)- billb (Undecided)

4)- Crotalus (Undecided)

5)- ostfyn?

6)- Old Farmer (Undecided)

7)- Trout Bum 2 (Undecided)

8)- atroutbum2 (Fox Squirrel Nymph)

9)- Batman (Undecided)

10)- Iowaflyguy (Picket's Pin)

The address is:

Andrew Poptanich

272 Rockland Rd

Roscoe, NY 12776

I'm working to figure out how to incorporate wild turkey feathers and tanned elk hide into a fly, and imagine that I'll end up tying some sort of crustacean -- a crab, a crawfish, or a juvenile lobster.

Bill

billb, Bob Clousers original Crayfish used turkey feathers for the shell back. his new version uses furry foam.

i am thinking that the tanned elk hide turned "furry" side up might also create a decent shell back.

billb, Bob Clousers original Crayfish used turkey feathers for the shell back. his new version uses furry foam.

i am thinking that the tanned elk hide turned "furry" side up might also create a decent shell back.

Joe: Thanks. I'm thinking of using the hide for the shell (including the claws and the dorsal surface of the tail), and making legs and antennae from turkey feathers.

Bill