Fly Tying
sniksoh

wader sizes

i have been looking on ebay for some breathable chest waders...but i dont know what size i would were??? :dunno:

can anyone help me find the right size?

thanks,

sniksoh

for the feet usally one size larger to take up room from the socks/neoprene foot...for waist and chest just measure your self, plus pant size..I like to go a little extra so the winter gear will fit without being tight..check out some of the big wader companys web sites they have sizing charts you can use...feet are the biggest mistake people make..they buy a size as same as their shoe and wonder why they are so tight..

i am guessing this must not be an option, but i would go to a store and try some out. See what size fits, then head back to ebay.

Try to find out who makes th waders that your interested in buying and go to their website. Most wader makers will have a size chart saying what dimentions their various waders will fit. Here is an example from the Hodgman web site.http://www.stearnsinc.com/sizecharts/waders_chart.aspx

Sometimes going to a site like cabellas or orvis ( insert big box store name here) will have sizing charts for the waders they sell. And if they are the same as what you looking at on e bay you can see what you need.

What you need to know are your shoe size, waste ,chest inseam etc etc sizes to see how many x's you need.

The most overlooked aspect of buying waders is getting them too small, so that when one kneels or bends the knees in a squat they bind & stretch to the almost regretable self-inflicted wedgie :hyst:

LLBean are great for waders. You'll pay a little extra, but it's worth it

for the no quibble guarantee - if they leak (even years down the

road) they'll replace them no questions asked.

They have a really wide range of sizes, (who else has 'king medium' size ?)

and you can exchange them if the online sizing system didn't nail it first time.

the only thing i am afraid of and i dont know if this could even happen is if i fall off my float tube and my waders fill up with water and they drag me under??? could that happen?

dont remember where I seen the article, but it was proven if your waders get filled with water you will still stay above water. I'll look later to see if I have the article myself, but I think I seen it while browsing a magazine at the bookstore a few months ago. water will not bring you down, it just feels that way when your waders are filling up, so it said

dont remember where I seen the article, but it was proven if your waders get filled with water you will still stay above water. I'll look later to see if I have the article myself, but I think I seen it while browsing a magazine at the bookstore a few months ago. water will not bring you down, it just feels that way when your waders are filling up, so it said

http://www.sexyloops.com/articles/killerwader.shtml :dunno:

the only thing i am afraid of and i dont know if this could even happen is if i fall off my float tube and my waders fill up with water and they drag me under??? could that happen?

Can't happen. Ever try sinking in a pool? Won't happen unless you panic. That's why divers wear lead belts. You may be pulled down for a second, but once you fill up, it will be just like being in a pool.