Fly Tying
day5

Mother Of All Egg Suckin Leaches

I have never actually seen how one adds a "back hook" or whatever it is called to a fly. That alone was very helpful. I also liked how you set up the "device" to hold the front hook straight out in front while working on the back hook.

Thanks for the video!

.....and the leech shall inherit the steel!

WOW :bugeyes: !!!

You just showed me some very cool things in that awesome video! I've never seen two hooks used like that...well, I mean I have those flies you sent me, but never seen how to do that. Then I've never a dubbing loop worked like that. and at the end when i was thinking "what the crap is he doing to that? He's going to break the freaking hook. uh, he broke the freaking hook. maybe that was suppose to happen."

after watching only about 30 seconds of this at work this morning, i told my wife I need another vise. She said, you have another vise (my old one) but I said, no, i need a pedestal vise. i don't think that's going to go over too well!

Thanks for the video view inside your Temple of Syrinx!!! I can't wait for the next show!!!

oh, my 3.5 year old daughter said "I want to see his head" as she moved for the mouse! :D

It was nice of Butterfly to let you use her pink thread!

(ok, i'm done now)

time to watch it again!

oh, one more thing....GREAT timing with the song!

Cool Video, I am a big Rush fan and these style of flies work VERY WELL, thanks for sharing :D

Have you seen this tutorial? Maol Roid Tutorial

Cheers!

Hmm Cutting and deburing the lead hook HUH? Sounds like I missed a step!!! I Like the way they set up the string to. I have a new set to hold the snell out straight. More like Steelies way of doing it. Ill post a pic.

day5; I like your way of tying it with the lead hook 'whole' until the end. It gives ya something to put in the vise while you tie the front half. Breaking it off and deburring it after the fly is finished may be more difficult, but it's less of a pain than having it loose while your tying it. Have you had any issues with the lead hook burr cutting the line to the rear hook in the past?

Dale I just started tying this fly and have only fished it a few times. So it is a little early to tell. I want to try it with a small magic head next. I also have a new style hanger to keep it straight but I need to put it together tomorrow night.

I forced my wife to watch that video....but i sped it up so it didn't take the full 6 minutes.

is there a reason for breaking off the hook? you left 2 hooks on one that you sent me. for me, having only 1 hook would lessen the chance for hooking weeds!

Less chance of the fly getting fouled on its self. And less chance of it getting snagged.

I second, third and fourth....... the kudos on the video. I bought one of those strung out leeches online almost 2 years ago because of the uniqueness when I first saw it but didn't want to use it for fear of losing it. Didn't want to take it apart either to see how this was created for fear of botching it all up.

Just wondering why you spin your pink thread over the 50# line? I'm just guessing to make it "one" line versus having a big loop develop from the front hook to back. Doesn't it unravel or was some glue applied to that area too?

Thanks again for putting all your time in on that. :thumbsup:

I forced my wife to watch that video....but i sped it up so it didn't take the full 6 minutes.

Oatka

He forced me to watch it too...but I had to watch the full 6 minutes :sleep: !!! I didn't really get the video but it is obviously great!!!

Mrs. Day5