Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

memorial day fishing?

I was kinda wondering the same thing about the water condition if it as gone down or if it will be by this weekend on the Au Sable.Was planning on making my first trip up to it maybe Satuarday or Sunday.More toward Sunday.If not i Will be Stuck another weekend home.

tt

Well as of right now it looks as though it is still high if i am rearing it right .Hope things change by then. cry.gif

tt

Yupp TT,not as high as it has been and from what i hear the AU sable is clearing and dropping but as to it dropping enough by saterday who knows dunno.gif

Best bet is going to be to fish tailwaters since the dam will help to clear the water faster.

Hope ya find somewhere thats fishable wink.gif

I'm leaving Saturday for Little Bay de Noc. A week of walleyes, and no work! smile.gif

Mike

Guys limited to wading will be well let's say "quite limited"

I'll be on the Au Sable on Sunday. I'm thinking below the first dam. Monday it's off to the West side, mostly to set up for the coming month on the Muskegon.

Have an enjoyable and safe Holiday Weekend smile.gif

I will have my new dryfly boat out and floating somewhere. It will probably be floating pretty fast and the current may be ripping and fish not cooperating. But i will definatly be floating at least two days between Sun and Tues. Anywhere north of GR... i think i have plans for Sunday, we will see what the water does. But anybody up for a trip on Mon or Tue????

I'm headed to Sanibel Island. Snook are thick on the beach I'm told, it ought to be fun.

I will be chilling at home. This is the weekend to open the pool, finish the garden, do some yard work and just relax! Im not a big fan of heading north during a holiday weekend. Too many people! Next weekend I will be heading north! wink.gif sounds like the rivers are still raging anyways! sad.gif

For all those that are heading up north Good Luck and be safe!!!

I will be spending my time getting yardwork done during the day, then spend the evening pontooning around Marsh Creek Lake(PA). Some of the streams in the area are up in the 70's, time to leave the trout alone.

Next weekend is my vacation, I will be heading to Pine Creek for a long weekend. It's usually alot less crowded the weekend after the holiday.

Good luck to all,

Chip

The recent rains here made the wadeing near impossible and dunking probable last week. Looks good for wading the Kennebec on Monday. That's where I'll be hopeing to catch some nice Browns and Rainbows. Maybe you have this link, pretty usefull information.

------> NWS - Rivers

No fishing here either. I'll probably spend Monday tying flies and prepping the pop-up for next weekends annual schools out/ start of summer trip to PA. With any luck I can get into some brn or grn drake action then.

Indy 500. By the way, that is the USS Indianapolis in the picture. Say a pray for the men who lost their lives aboard her this Monday. My dad was not on board but was involved with some of the logistics. He has passed on now, but this was always a hard time for him.

I did sneak a rod along with me just in case the race gets rained out. You may here from looking for some a place to drop a hook.

Anyway, they delivered the bomb.

Ted

No fishing for me. sad.gif I will have to work all weekend and Monday also. My short 3 hour visit to a local pond Friday morning was it for me.

Dontheo, thanks for the reminder of the USS Indianapolis. I have heard the stories about that ship. I came along just after the war, but I grew up hearing the stories. Isn't your signature a quote from one of the sailors from that ship? I'm thinking that the survivors battled sharks for many days, & one of them made that statement to mean that he'd rather drown than endure the shark attacks. It must have been horrible.

Breambuster