Fly Tying

Fly Database

I just put the finishing touches on a very excited new fly database feature that everybody should enjoy.

Ever find some material laying around and wonder what patterns you can tie with it? The new Browse by Material feature will enable you to do just that! Simply click on the link for the material you want to research and you will automatically be taken to a page to show you all of the flies in the FTF Fly Database that list that material in the pattern information.

For example, if you want to find new patterns that incorporate CDC, simply click this link to see over 100 patterns: http://flytyingforum.com/materialCDC.html

As always, the success of these programs largely depend on this community. If everyone takes their time to list all of the materials in the pattern they are submitting the better the chance that somebody will find it useful.

I also need help in listing a variety of materials for people to choose from. I have a few dozen types of feathers,furs and synthetics so please reply with anything that comes to mind.

To view the Browse by Material feature visit: http://flytyingforum.com/materials

Awesome. Thanks for the great work Will. Keep it up. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

what if the "ultra wire" category was just "wire" to include all ribbing wire?? as in "fine gold wire" or "fine silver wire"

Calf is synthetic??

Calf was left over from copying another column, it is gone now.

In my mind instead of making Ultra Wire more generic I would like for things to be more specific. You would be able to click on the generic wire or drill down to something more specific like Ultra Wire, lead wire, etc. A long journey from here to there but that is the goal.

Will, Could you add a listing for "Tube" (as in tube flies) and "Rattle" (as in containing glass or plastic rattle) and "Epoxy" (as in any flies with epoxy coated wing cases)?

Great suggestions! They are listed and a few others I thought of under the Miscellaneous heading.

Keep the suggestions coming, I want to make this as extensive as possible.

Hi Will,

That feature is great. The people on the group should find a good use for it. It's good to have you back; I trust the vacation was a good one? Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com