Fly Tying
Andrés T

Arrowheads

Hello,

DHise, Kraut, one day mailing Robert Mead, he told me that he liked looking for arrowheads. I liked that name for a fly. When I worked out the fly and the material I was going to use I called it "Arrowheads".

Fred, thank you. They really work very well.

DHise, Kraut, one day mailing Robert Mead, he told me that he liked looking for arrowheads. I liked that name for a fly. When I worked out the fly and the material I was going to use I called it "Arrowheads".

Hello Andrés,

my question is, witch material do you use for the arrowhead? Is it - so called - heat shrink sleeve?

Hello,

Fred, thank you. They really work very well.

My question is, witch material do you use for the arrowhead? Is it - so called - heat shrink sleeve?

creating thomas

Hello Kraut,

I can see from your personal information that your home page is Brotfliege.de. First of all, I would like to ask you to give my gratitude to the people in charge, for the link from that page to my page. I cannot speak your language, otherwise I would do it personally.

About your question, I understood it the first time you asked me. If you have visited my page, you would have noticed that I sell some of my flies as well as some materials to tie flies. I am not a professional yet, but I would like to live one day on what I love the most- fly tying.

I apologize for not answering this or other similar questions about materials or tying techniques I do not show freely.

I hope you understand and respect my point of view.

Andrés T.

About your question, I understood it the first time you asked me. If you have visited my page, you would have noticed that I sell some of my flies as well as some materials to tie flies. I am not a professional yet, but I would like to live one day on what I love the most- fly tying.

I apologize for not answering this or other similar questions about materials or tying techniques I do not show freely.

I hope you understand and respect my point of view.

Andrés T.

How can you sell fly materials if you won't even tell us what materials you used?

I certainly respect your right to do absolutely anything you like, but getting people fishing your fly and talking about it on and around the water would be the best marketing for your fly. Although Im certainly no expert on fly marketing; it would seem that any limited exposure you get through your own tying efforts, sales, websites and postings could only be exponentially increased if people were actually fishing your design. A database recipe with a dated submission would ensure that your ideas werent stolen and could be properly credited.

Maybe Im crazy but our Man DHISE seems to be rather sucessful in getting his patterns picked up by Orvis and others and he never seems to have issue in giving up tips, techniques, materials and recipes. Bob Popovics has been showing us IBSP fisherman how to tie his flies for years. He seemed to do pretty well too.

Andres no disrepect intended I ust wanted to offer you a different perspective.

Tight Lines

Bob

if you go to his website you will see recipes, step-by-steps and his tying materials you can buy or duplicate at home

heres the step-by-step for the arrowheads. not that difficult to figure out!

http://www.andrestouceda.com/en/montaje/arrowheads/

heres the arrowheads

http://www.andrestouceda.com/shop/index.ph...products_id=186

Andres,

I would like to encourage you to post the Arrowhead in the database....We can Protect your creative integrity by listing VERY limited info and it may help expand your exposure with 20,000 plus registerd members...just food for thought. Oh, if i failed to mention it, FREAKIN' LOVE THIS FLY!

I had and am having trouble with his site. When I accessed through the link on andres' post I could only view one page of progression of his tying. I will try to play with the site again.