Fly Tying
Claudia

Flies from the vice.

Lewy, great Pike flies! I tie a lot of big pike flies, and would love to tie some "She's My Pushers". By the way, is it named after the Crystal Method song "She's My Pusher"... great song!

Chris -

Yes the fly is actually named after the song sort of... I was listening to it when I was testing out the fly in a pond in my sub-division. It just so happened that they fly worked as designed, and "Pushes" a lot of water it really attracts fish that are not very active. I'm not a big one for doing step by steps but since there are only a few steps maybe I can accomodate. The only problem is that you will have to find a punch that works for the foam. This will be clearer when I do the step by step.

I have been tying some Sow Bugs, Prince Nymphs, Copper Jons, Baby Leeches, Caddis, Stone Fly Nymphs, Stimulators, Woolly Buggers, Matuka, Hellgrammite..... just to name a few since it is winter time and too cold for open water fishing and not cold enough to ice fish I have been getting a lot of tying done. Here are a few pics.

Img_0827.jpgImg_0837.jpg

Img_0811.jpgImg_0872.jpg

Img_0864.jpgImg_0807.jpg

Img_0787.jpgImg_0779.jpg

Img_0783.jpgImg_0832.jpg

I also created a new pattern of my own I call it the Woolly Bunny Bugger I did one with eyes and one without.

Img_0866.jpgImg_0877.jpg

This isnt all I have tied lately as I have been very busy tying but I dont think there is enough room to show them all.

My versions to imitate a Black Caddis pupa/emerger

midnight_stalker.jpg

Midnight Stalker

Hook: Partridge YK4A #14 (or similar scud hook)

Thread: Sparton 6/0, black

Hackle: Starling

Abdomen: Ultra-wire, fine, black, single layer

Rib: Ultra-wire, fine, black

Thorax: Heron, dyed black (or substitute)

or its sibling

midnight_walker.jpg

Midnight Walker

Thorax: Argentinean hare, dark brown

Cheers,

Hans W

:bugeyes: Lars them are some great ties :headbang:

:bugeyes: HILLBILLY some great work and some real fish catchers :headbang:

:bugeyes: and Hans you have done it again lovely pattern :headbang:

Rocky

Uh, you guyes been realy activ and you all been doing some sweet flies!

:rockon:

C

Hi my name is CheyAnne Maley, E. Oregon Midge, Rocky's daughter. I started tying about 9 months ago. My dad is having me tie a hairwing stealhead fly for the contest so I can enter the rookie tier thing. This fly is an example of my work, but this isn't the fly I'm entering.

CheyAnne Maley

post-18848-1230411780_thumb.jpg

Hi my name is CheyAnne Maley, E. Oregon Midge, Rocky's daughter. I started tying about 9 months ago. My dad is having me tie a hairwing stealhead fly for the contest so I can enter the rookie tier thing. This fly is an example of my work, but this isn't the fly I'm entering.

CheyAnne Maley

Hi CheyAnne Maley.

First of all i need to say you made that hook very proud. You have great tying skills and made a fine job on youre posted flie. Second i want to welcome you to This page. its realy a treat seeing a girl entering this magic world of flytying. Hope to see much more of youre work, so please keep posting.

All the best wishes to You and Youre near.

Claudia

Thanks for the compliment. I am trying to learn new patterns and trying to make my ties better. I have learned a lot just from browsing this site the past few days.

:bugeyes: Lars them are some great ties :headbang:

:bugeyes: HILLBILLY some great work and some real fish catchers :headbang:

:bugeyes: and Hans you have done it again lovely pattern :headbang:

Rocky

CheyAnne Maley

Hi CheyAnne Maley.

First of all i need to say you made that hook very proud. You have great tying skills and made a fine job on youre posted flie. Second i want to welcome you to This page. its realy a treat seeing a girl entering this magic world of flytying. Hope to see much more of youre work, so please keep posting.

All the best wishes to You and Youre near.

Claudia

Thank you Claudia it truly doesn't look that nice. My dad tells me you are a great fly tier. Thank you Brian I'm sure yours will look better than mine.

CheyAnne Maley