Fly Tying
sherrib

Hopper Swap

Okay swap is now closed! Thank you to all who have joined. I will not be tying in this one as I have never tied a hopper before. I hope to learn from this swap. Thanks again. Sherri B

Sherri B

Thanks for extending the deadline to April 1st. that works great for me.

as I said I will contribute my Brood XIV Cicada hopper.

Not a true grasshopper, but hopper in the sense of hopper, copper, dropper.

Sure to work and can be adjusted to fit everyone's local brood's emergence.

Glad to be part of the swap and thanks for hosting. This is my third swap. Time to start thinking of of swap which I can now host.

Tight Lines

Bob

Got the ParaHopper's all done. That was a lot of fun. The first time i have ever tied a hopper pattern and now i think i will tie a lot more.

addy please Sherri B

Thanks this is my third swap can't wait to start hosting my own. :yahoo:

Got the ParaHopper's all done. That was a lot of fun. The first time i have ever tied a hopper pattern and now i think i will tie a lot more.

addy please Sherri B

Thanks this is my third swap can't wait to start hosting my own. :yahoo:

Glad you enjoyed it. My addy is 6500 N 49th St E Ft Gibson, Ok 74434

I may have to start on a new set of flys. The more I look at these I think maybe I'll just keep them for me.

hopperswap.jpg :bugeyes:

No I'm just kidding. I'll get them in the mail next week.

I may have to start on a new set of flys. The more I look at these I think maybe I'll just keep them for me.

hopperswap.jpg :bugeyes:

No I'm just kidding. I'll get them in the mail next week.

That's a great looking hopper pastimetyer.

Justin

I thought i should point something out here...On (or about) the first week of March the USPS is upping the rates of postage. I am just going to wait till the rate hike to send mine since the return postage will be insufficient by April 1st.

I hope that i thought about this in time to keep others from sending SASEs with insufficient postage.

I don't think that it is more than a few cents more but could realy fowl things up knowing the post office.

My screw-up...i miss heard the news cast...May ?? for postal rate hike.

I think as long as you get the envelope stamped at least how they did it for me the rate should not change. my stamp was printed out of their computer, and had a date of purchase on it so it should not be effected. i hope. if it is a problem just let me know and i will send you a few extra bucks to cover it. thanks for the info on USPS' great idea to tax us even more.

When I have hosted swaps and went to the Post Office with envelopes with the computer stamp, the Postal Workers have always said that the date means that it is good only for that day! They tell me that the swappers should put real STAMPS and not the computer generated thing on the SASE's. But that may be a matter of which Post Office you go to. It always seems to me that each local Post Office seems to have its own rules for how it does things.

Take care

BB

I have decided on my pattern. It is a Streambank hopper. Kind of like a club sandwich hopper but with a deer hair wing, and has red feather barbs for a tail. I may tweek it a little also.

Hi Sherri,

I settled on tan para hoppers. After some difficulty in tying the legs, I'm starting to hope for 1 legged hoppers :) I have the flies ready, please pm the address.

3299798780_bfe2109a0a.jpg

Hook: 3x long, size 12

Parachute post: white poly yarn

Body: Tan antron/hare's ear blend

Wing: Turkey Tail fibers

Legs: Pheasant Tail fibers, knotted

Parachute Hackle: Grizzly