Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
CoachBob

What do you primarily fish for?

Favorite species  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you absolutely had to say what is you favorite fish to chase, what would it be?

Yes, we all might go after more than one, but what is THE fish you enjoy pursuing most?

Flounder!!!!!!!!! To see me with a nice slab, you would think I just plucked a gold nugget out of the water.

Fred

Well what i fish for the most and what i enjoy going after are two different thing. where i live you get the chance for bass, panfish and the like, but what i really enjoy and would prefer is small steam trout. the elusivness sometimes is the best part.

small stream trout are by far my favorite. montanabound, i completely agree. just knowing that the river you're fishing isn't written about in every trout fishing book for the area you're fishing and not seeing another angler all day is half the fun.

Ill jsut catch trout in general, whether it be at a fish hatchery kids day where you fish in the raising tanks and you cant move around or small brook fed streams in the Colorado rockies where you have to walk three miles before you get to try your fly rod out

I have been fortunate enough in my time to have lived near some great tailwater fisheries. The Green River, the Madison, the Snake all three forks are tailwaters. These are large rivers some almost 100 miles long. They each present many different kinds of water to fish, and many different kinds of fishing challenges both in the nature of the hatches, and other kinds of forage and in the changing seasons. Yes, I fish many kinds of fish, in both warm water, and cold water, but I keep returning to the large western rivers year after year.

Flounder!!!!!!!!! To see me with a nice slab, you would think I just plucked a gold nugget out of the water.

Fred

OK, I have to ask...flounder being a bottom fish, what flies would you recommend? Here in Cape Breton they call them flatfish and it seems most people despise them...don't know what they are missing if you ask me..

:dunno:

I'll take SmallieFanatic's stand. My absolute favorite are Brookies from small Upper Michigan streams. But due to my location (NW Ohio), I spend most of my fishing time chasing Bluegills and river Smallmouth. I can only spend 2 or 3 weeks a year up North. :down:

I fish more for soloitude than I do for fish, so small streams are my ticket.

C