Fly Tying

I've come to a point of fustration!!!!!!

I go back to my old standby #18 Parachute BWO and I tie a half dozen, I can tie them almost in my sleep. It usually puts me back on my game.

C

I have to agree with Bud and since I am new to this you should send it all to me, Bud has enough. Well I don't think you could ever have enough. Man I learn fast. :hyst:

Just take the flies that your not happy with and catch some fish with them, that should put a smile on your face.

Being new as well,I perfectly know the feeling.Plus Im 77.At least Im not shaky...Took 2 full days to get the hang of a whip finisher.I sure dont overdress my flies.But,to be honest I tie just saltwater flies.

If no one shoots me I will even confess to chucking a clouser from an ultralite spinning rod..enjoy,I am.

I agree with Bud.......................you need to find a new hobby and split your materials between Bud and me............lol :rolleyes:

Just kidding,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you need a break before you go back to the vice............... :blink:

Mike.......................................... B)

Realize that the pressure and frustration are not part of the normal process and get rid of them. Each fly does not have to meet any standard except what you place on it. You will tie bad flies from time to time . Nothing will seem to go right. This is not the norm and you know that things will improve. There is enough pressure out in the world that we don't need to heap more on ourselves, exspecially when we are doing something that most times brings us satisfying results. By the time you read this post , your tying will most likely have come back around. So store this episode away in the back of your mind for the next time down the road when things go this way and remember it's nothing to get upset about because it's just temporary and things will return to normal .

Fred

If a bad fly is one that is not perfect, well then that is all I tie, but those bad flies sure do catch a lot of fish and for me, that is all that I do this for, to catch fish. I am a firm believer if the fish do not like it then it might be a bad fly, or just a snooty fish, try another fish. But above all, never let your love of tying and fishing become a frustration.

heres another suggestion, spend a weekend with wickedcharpenter. you might be inspried to do all sorts of things after the weekends over

Bud

Sorry gang was in one of those ranting itchy modes. You got to realize i have a wife and three teenage daughters. You figure out the rest. :crying:

Fred that is one of the problems a little. Putting to much standard on them lately. Getting close to my yearly Pa family fishing trip also. After the lose of my brother in November, it is on my mind to. Going to be a different trip this year ya know.

I just seem that every fly i have touched goes wrong, but backed away and things after a few days its coming back.

Bud if i tied with wick i would for sure end up in the nut house. :wacko:

Gang thanks you all know how to help a fellow and also make him laugh.

tt

OMG! I thought two teenage daughters was bad!

It gets nuts, for sure. But when things get crazy, I step back and apply the same philosophy to flies, daughters, bills, etc. "Eh, it'll work." and I throw 'em in the box (well, not the daughters, unless that 'guy' comes over again).

Don't sweat the small stuff, and think about just what the small stuff is. With any hobby, embrace the quirks that add character and life.

Hmm. Might make a good T-shirt: "Embrace the Quirks" :jumpy: