Fly Tying
BigDaddyHub

Soft Hackle Swap

I just inadvertantly swallowed a hungarian partridge feather

Was it in a Pear Tree? :hyst:

I was attempting to put a pinch of chew in and had the down part of the feather stuck on my finger and didnt notice it put the chew in an feather went down the gullet a little bit until i could cough it back up

I just inadvertantly swallowed a hungarian partridge feather

Was it in a Pear Tree? :hyst:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Just wanted to know if our Swapmeister managed to weather the storms in Kentucky

yesterday and last night? Were you able to stay afloat, BigDaddy?

Mike

the storms were north of us (for a change, we usually take a direct hit from the west), but they pushed over us heading south towards southeastern Ky and NC....We we on the western edge of the storm as it moved south from Lexington....lots of wind damage out on the farms in the county, but noonw lost property or lives....the Ice Storm In january left me sleeping on the couch in 17 degree weather for 8 days...no water anywhere in the county...had to drive to almost VA for batteries and kerosene....just a messed up year in Ky. We are far enough south to enjoy the humid southern summers, and just far enough north to miss the snow (most of the time), but get the freezing rain and ice...oh, and did I mention the tornados, the blue mold, the tomato aphids, flash flooding in every major river valley (all 6 of them), perpetual rock slides and mud slides in the coal fields. The next season of survivor ought to be filmed in Ky in January!!

We we very fortunate.....there are thousands of others in Lousiville, Georgetown, Lexington, and other towns that are dealing with some life changing events this afternoon

Sincere thanks for asking...really...that means alot!

I was attempting to put a pinch of chew in and had the down part of the feather stuck on my finger and didnt notice it put the chew in an feather went down the gullet a little bit until i could cough it back up

My wife would say,"See, that is a sign you should quit!" ....not that I listen to her and if I could find some decent snuff up here in the frozen North...I'd take the chance of swallowing a feather or two!!! :headbang:

Looking forward to getitng your flies, CC....SF....after seeing your flies in the Mystery Swap, CAN'T wait to see yours!

Mail your flies to the addy below...I will post it in the first post as well.

C.D. Hubbard

1030 Regency Rd

Danville, Ky 40422

Just waiting on my hooks to arrive. I leave for vacation this Friday, heading to NC for some Sun, Sand, and Surf Fishing. Last time I was fishing the surf I had a Dog Fish bump me in the back of the leg. I should know better than to stand waist deep in the ocean at sundown :dunno: Not sure if I'll be able to do any tying while I'm there. The last time I took my fly tying tools and materials with me on a vacation, all I heard about, was how rude I was being :P