Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
javicruzito

Firetiger fly!

Beautiful fly. is the entire fly made of craft fur? The head looks lik it might be wool.

Great looking flies & fish Javi. They are beautiful. What material is that?

Aftershock, I'm not sure what material he is using however there are a number of materials you can use. One material that can be used is EP Fibers. Enrico Puglisi developed this material and good number of patterns using it. One of them is the FireTiger. He has a website you can go to for more info. www.epflies.com. He explains how to tie some of his patterns however you must join to see the instructions. It's not very expensive though.

I like to tie with this material and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Steve

Hey guys this fly is tie with craft fur, but can be tie with many others similar materials like EP fibers or Sea fibers, marabou hair, yak hair and many, many others.

agn54 the orange color is wool! :rolleyes:

Orlando J

post-18214-1258422485_thumb.jpg

post-18214-1258422494_thumb.jpg

The flies look great and the colors are nice too.

Boy how lucky is that to catch peacock bass. I would love to catch one of them in my life time. I have read and seen a few videos and they look like they would just rip your arm off and take off running. They look like they hit so hard it is awsome to see.

The flies look great and the colors are nice too.

Boy how lucky is that to catch peacock bass. I would love to catch one of them in my life time. I have read and seen a few videos and they look like they would just rip your arm off and take off running. They look like they hit so hard it is awsome to see.

Peacocks are great fish. Never got one on fly but I used to catch a lot of them on plugs in Miami. Down there we only had butterfly peacocks which are the smaller species so we didn't get those monsters they have in the Amazon. Still, a 4 lb peacock fought harder than a largemouth twice its size. The other great thing about them is they are super aggressive. If one struck and you missed it, you could throw right back in the hole and more often than not he would hit again. Their hits are ferocious.

Nice flies Javi as always. I like the fire tiger color combo for largemouth .I try to always have something with that color combo in my box.

Very nice flies my friend.

Fred

Here is a good fly for all kind of Bass! especially Peacock Bass.

Hey Javi "tocayo", nice to see you here sharing your great work, keep coming.

Javier "flysurfer" SOL forum