Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Wellman

What are you "Stillwater or Flowing Water tier"

Stillwater or Flowing water  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't get bitten by a pike, it's nasty.

I second that :lol2: I was about to release this one, but its ingratitude made it a guest of honor at the dinner table.

ruceodkrve.jpg

About the still vs. moving water: to me still water means stockies and moving water wild fish. It is not hard to make a preference between these two.

Jindra

I like to fish no matter the water type. So I'll attempt to tie for all types of fly fishing.

I love smallies in current! But I love smallies in lakes too. if smallies swam in the fountain in the mall id fish for them there to.

day5 - I thought that was you I saw fly fishing in Cabela's :hyst:

Don't get bitten by a pike, it's nasty.

I second that :lol2: I was about to release this one, but its ingratitude made it a guest of honor at the dinner table.

ruceodkrve.jpg

About the still vs. moving water: to me still water means stockies and moving water wild fish. It is not hard to make a preference between these two.

Jindra

Wicked! Those are some nasty cuts, if I ever go fishing ofr pike I'll be sure to watch out for those teeth :bugeyes:

Considering that I'm just outside Houston, TX, and most of our rivers anywhere NEAR here are usually 30ft deep and running fast enough to take you into the Gulf in minutes, I stick mainly to stillwater. Love throwing a Red Tag to the monster bream (that's bluegills and the like, for those of you who are geographically/linguistically challenged). :hyst:

I also love throwing the dries for gills, but occasionally sink to a popper/dropper combo. More often than not, the bass will go for the popper, and the gills for the dropper; so I cover all my bases. :rolleyes:

Both for me. I tie mostly stream flies for trout, but mostly only get to fish stillwater for bluegill. Gills could care less if it's a trout fly, they pound the things, so I just practice and test my flies for my occasional trips to trout country.

I love smallies in current! But I love smallies in lakes too. if smallies swam in the fountain in the mall id fish for them there to.

the fountain at Harrisburg Mall is stocked with 20" rainbows....

I like tying for flowing water, and I guess the occasional flies for a trip to a local lake. Really, I'll fish wherever the fish are. :punk:

Tight Lines.

the fountain at Harrisburg Mall is stocked with 20" rainbows....

Ah yes...those fishes... :shifty: