Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TitanFlies

What did you get this year?

What did Santa decide to bring you this year?

He got me a Dyna-King C-clamp and vise extension, a William Joseph chest pack, a Rite Cermag Bobbin, and a Cliff's Bugger Beast!

I'd say a successful year all-in-all... :yahoo:

Santa didn't bring me much, but he did bring my 7 yr old a beginner fly tying kit. I am sure he will be better than me in a year. Merry Christmas everyone and have a great and safe New Years.

Santy got me some tying thread, Daiichi hooks, HUGE patch of deer hair, a sweet new hair stacker, a bunch of food and stuff

A great Christmas ;)

an architects light for the backside of my bench- much needed!

some tyin' stuff- including hooks, hackle, etc...

and a Tomelleri calendar.

happywidat!

B) .

My wife bought me a C&F fly box that I hinted at (OK, I emailed her a link to a fly shop!). I bought my 7 & 11 year old kids their own complete fly tying setup. Wooden storage box/tying bench, Ebayed Thompson Model A vises, starter kits of hair, hackle, etc., tools, etc... It's going to get really expensive now to maintain 4 tying benches (I tie at work and at home). Hopefully I can infect them with this madness. :devil:

Gathercole's Fly Tying Bible...I actually picked it out at the bookstore and my wife refused to let me look at it till today ...LOL!

Cloudveil crystal creek wading jacket

Smith Action Optics wisper interlock frames with interchangeable lenses

Orvis Reel Case

Rise the movie

Nervous Water the movie

135.00 in Cabelas gift cards.

25.00 gift card to my fly shop.

CASH

SA fly box.

And the other non important stuff.

I have a total of 410.00 in Cabelas gift cards. I told my wife this morning we could leave then and wait there til tomorrow when they opened.

Jeremy

Aside from the the typical holiday headache from Mrs. Salty, some misc materials and gift certificates. Also a great fly box full of steelhead flies from Cencafly.

A Whiting farms mix hackel pack ( Good for bass and steelhead flys) A Golden Pheasant skin, $75.00 in Menards gift cards (The Wood for my new tying bench :headbang:) and then $250.00 in Gander Mountain Gift cards which is alot of material. My 3 boys each got a fly fishing setup from grandpa......all in all a good year!!!!

Santy brought me a whitings farms neck&saddle (grizzly) plus a patch of each red,black,and natral deer hair

3x long size6 bass fly hooks a few packs of no knot fas snaps (meduim and large) dr.slciks tool gift set mustad size 6 brass hooks 2 7 1/2 4x tappered leaders and last but not least a bottle of gink fly floatant :headbang:

I got a hint from "Awesome Lady" that I have too much stuff already.

So no fly fishing / tying stuff, but a whole lot of other cool things. Plus a nice visit with my Mom (83 yrs old) and my Dad (89 yrs)

Hope that everyone, and their families, had a great Christmas and looks forward to a great New Year.