Fly Tying
atroutbum2

dry fly swap

recieved two set of flies today, one from bc angler and the other was from ryan blizzard (no toe tags ) who im guessing to be blizz79

both sets are very good ties

Went in the mail today. Thanks for hosting!

p.s. theres a couple soft hackles for you that i'm trying out. let me know how they work for you.

First off i want to apologise to all that i am late.

I did get flies in priority post this morning. To make up for it i tied an extra set of easy basic olive body #16 dries so every-one will get 2 from me.

I caught the flue just befor Valentines day and it ended with me in the hospital for 3 days with Pnumonia.

I had planned to tie a red and white married wing dry for this swap but find that the lasting complications have realy hurt my ability to tie. On Friday i realised that the 5 i had from before i got sick are my last untill i totally recover and get my tying skills back up to that ability. I started tying a variation of Dryfly Purist's Vulgata paraloop emerger and found my skills lacking to do it well enough to be happy with and get them out in time. Saturday night i started doing the simple dubbed body dry and found i had many problems with them as well. Since i am late i decided to just send both sets as my way of appologising to all of you. I hope that you find them both fishable at least and am very sorry that i could not get a better quality set done in time for this swap.

i had also commited to another swap that is due by the 25th that has me worried as well. The couple of attemts i made at those have been extremely horrible. I hope the doctor finds something he can do to help me in this when i see him again next Monday.

Take care all and i hope you can forgive the poor quality of my flies. I will not be joining any more swaps untill i get back up to par.

Hopefully you can recover totally! Wish you all the luck you will need!

Its 3/10 and today is the due date, i still havent recieved flies from 5 swapers. Heretolearn,flytryer,student4ever,drvette and nukemaster.

Ive had pms from everyone but nukemaster asking for the address. If i forgot to send the address, please pm me or post that ive had a seinor moment and didnt send it to you. If you have mailed the flies, please post here so i know to look for them

only drvette has posted that the flies are in the mail

I have recieved flies form everyone else

Ive sent pms to all the late swapers

Joe

If your mailman has already been by today with-out my flies being delivered then it will almost certainly be there tomorrow. I couldn't afford to spend $22 on overnight delivery and the post office gal said it would be delivered Wed. or Thur. with priority at under $6. I noticed that a couple others were late so i opted for priority. I had hoped it would have made it today...i lost that bet.

I have still been trying to do the other pattern i wanted for this swap, but STILL can't get ANYTHING to come out right. I am starting to get scared that i may have to quit tying...But i just can't quit trying yet.

Sorry for the delay guys, I have been searching all the books on the shelf for a believable excuse ------I couldn't find one.

The flies will be in the mail tomorrow.

Steve ( fly tryer )

I have had no reply to messages to heretolearn and nukemaster. I guess it their way of saying they have droped out.

that means everyone will be getting some of their own back.

still waiting on the sets from student4ever and fly tryer to get here.