Fly Tying
NJFlyMAn

Tying flies and listening to music

I usually listen to NPR while I tie. I enjoy "This American Life" and get the chance to hear the NPR national newscasts and chuckle at liberals. It's soothing. All jokes aside, I do enjoy listening to college radio and other alternative sources while I tie. At work and while driving, I'm a speed metal kinda guy....I guess music does soothe the savage beast in many ways....go figure..

I usually listen to NPR while I tie.

yeah NPR often.

having something to listen to while tyin' is critical for me!

if i have a lot of tying to do- i usually go with something faster- w/ lots of energy- like Bad Religion, Swinging Utters, ACDC, etc...

if i'm just chillin' and stockin' flies away- maybe something mellow- like Sam Beam- 'Iron and Wine', Neil Halstead, etc... and like BDH said- NPR.

tyin' to music- great therapy!

:)

clarkii.

I usually listen to NPR while I tie. I enjoy "This American Life" and get the chance to hear the NPR national newscasts and chuckle at liberals. It's soothing. All jokes aside, I do enjoy listening to college radio and other alternative sources while I tie. At work and while driving, I'm a speed metal kinda guy....I guess music does soothe the savage beast in many ways....go figure..

Is that an Offspring reference? :headbang:

My daughters commented I need music or tv. I have an area in our finished attic where I tie. Due to the sloped cielings besides tupperware containers I am the only thing up there. My reply for the music or tv is that I like the silence and looking out the window when I tie.

The MGMT album leaked over the internet not too long ago. We just got the album at the station onf Friday and it will be released in stores the 13th of

April. It's highly anticipated and I love it! Almost better than Oracular Spectacular.

yeah when i come around to it i will have to get the new album.... i have parts of Oracular Spectacular from itunes. good stuff.

Is that an Offspring reference? :headbang:

Not intentionally, no...I try to "keep them seperated." LOL! :punk: :rockon:

-Modest Mouse

Good Man, amazing band

Right now I'm listening to Our Lady Peace and trying to clean enough of the room that my fly tying desk is in....so i can clean my fly tying desk. ah....house cleaning, gotta love it!

I tip my hat to you sir, not to many Americans know OLP. Must be due to your proximty to the Great White North

Me, myself, and I listen to a wide variety of music

Here is what is on da mix right now

-dead Zeppelin

-Alela Diane

-Kid Koala

-Modest Mouse

-Pink Floyd

-Slightly Stoopid

-Toots and the Maytals

-Half Pint

-TOOL

-Slayer

-Toubab Krewe

love me a little "Chemical Warfare", " War Ensemble", or "South of Heaven", 'Funk....especially on my way to work...gets me in the right mind to do what I need to do.

I just got an iPod iTouch. I love the 80s, Rush, Metallica, Kix, hair bands, Black eyed Peas, Joan Jett crap like that. I will say that Orvis has a nice Podcast reference fly fishing which I will listen to. All of these really depends on whether or not I can get my iPOD away from my wife.

As I am tying for trout opener I have had the iphone pumpin! Last night it was Slayer, and tonight a little Neil Young cortez the killer from live rust to be specific!!

John