Fly Tying
NJFlyMAn

Tying flies and listening to music

Its hard to put any music on and hear it with my 15 year old son playing his guitar from after dinner until he goes to bed. He plays all kind of rock so its pretty good except when trying to listen to tv. A lot of Rage Against the Machine, Nirvana, U2, Beatles, Red Hot Chili Peppers and more.

Kirk

At least he has taste!!!

Steve

I'm 55 and I listen to:

Jimmy Buffet, John Prine, AC/DC, Eric Clapton, various classical guitar, etc. etc. I like a lot of different kinds of music.

Metallica-Death Magnetic

Soulfly

Deftones

Cavalara Conspiracy

Pennywise

Sometimes I go old school Metallica, Megadeath, Sepultura, Nailbomb, Suicidal Tendencies

Metallica-Death Magnetic

Soulfly

Deftones

Cavalara Conspiracy

Pennywise

Sometimes I go old school Metallica, Megadeath, Sepultura, Nailbomb, Suicidal Tendencies

I loved suicidal Tendencies back in my skater days.. I also liked S.O.D. and M.O.D.

I'm 49 and I like to listen to music while I tie, mostly old country that I pirated off of the Internet and put on my MP3. It helps drown out the sound of my neighbors practicing their auditions for the Jerry Springer show.

I usually have this laptop next to me so i just go to Pandora and listen to whatever strikes me at the time. sometimes its old school CCR and then it could be some Bob and Tom kinda stuff. but i am a sucker for violins and pianos so lots of classical stuff like Charlie Daniels hahaha no.

motzart bach bethoveen.

other than the 5th time this topic has been posted.....

i like a lot of classic stuff. like

-Led Zeppelin,

-MGMT

-Modest Mouse

-The Killers

-Jimmy Buffet

-U2

-Pink Floyd

-The Doors

Minus Jimmy Buffet and U2, that's a good line up! :rolleyes:

other than the 5th time this topic has been posted.....

i like a lot of classic stuff. like

-Led Zeppelin,

-MGMT

-Modest Mouse

-The Killers

-Jimmy Buffet

-U2

-Pink Floyd

-The Doors

Minus Jimmy Buffet and U2, that's a good line up! :rolleyes:

dont be hatin! but yeah i recently have been getting into some alternative stuff..... liking it.

I like playing John Denver, Fleet Foxes, Band of Horses, Phil Keaggy, Reliant K, Switchfoot,, P.O.D, Kutless, Coldplay, Future of Forestry, Jars of Clay, Deluge,

O.C. Supertones, Keith Green, and other stuff.

The MGMT album leaked over the internet not too long ago. We just got the album at the station onf Friday and it will be released in stores the 13th of

April. It's highly anticipated and I love it! Almost better than Oracular Spectacular.

Damn good sounds track there Steve.... works great for those dry fly days I have been having.

Devin, I used to listen to Pandora all the time but recently switched to Groovshark since you can make your own playlists and skip any song and never be bothered with something you don't want o hear.... they have a huge selection of music as well in any genre you can imagine. It's really my favorite sight now for music of any kind.

I would also like to throw in:

1. Incubus

2. Stabbing Westward

3. Santana

4. Eric Clapton

5. Vivaldi

Steve

Rush, Rage Against the Machine, The fall of troy, Neil Young, Phish, Bob Marley, Coheed and Cambria, Santana, Mountain, Canned Heat, Jefferson Airplane, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Grateful Dead, Wolfmother, MGMT, Modest Mouse, Led Zeppelin, The Who, CCR, Joe Cocker, all kinds of stuff. I can't even begin to list all the stuff I like by band. I like lots of classic rock, folk. Mostly 60's and 70's stuff, some from the 80's. I really love hippie stuff and some indie rock. I like a few hardcore bands and more modern rock bands but not a ton. I've also recently become more interested in raggae. I usually pick a mood of music depending on what I feel like tying. When I tie the classics I tend to put on older folk type music such as Neil Young. When I'm just tying fishing flies I'm not too picky.