Fly Tying
Old Hat

3XFly FTF/FFF Raffle/Fundraiser

This is an outstaning idea and seeing the amount of responses, it looks like it will be very successful. I'm in!

~Evan

Thanks and there have been flies come in already from some who have not responded which is fine. I just don't want people to think that they have to respond or project what flies are coming by the responses. But you are right Evan there has been a great response to the raffle which I am very happy about.

This is an outstaning idea and seeing the amount of responses, it looks like it will be very successful. I'm in!

~Evan

Three March Brown flymphs are on their way to Enterprise by fast rickshaw (USPS).

And I will send, a not well understood whether the same is sent to three flies.

Mine should be in the mail tomorrow. Thanks for doing this.

Thanks ibrb, I'll let you know when they arrive.

FishyboY - That would be great and very generous. There has been a couple participants send in more that one set for donation.

However, understand though that more than one set does not get your name entered more than once into the raffle. Everyone who participates gets an equal chance at winning the raffle. If you don't win the raffle then bid high for the auction box. ;) :D

You brought up a good topic so I will be more precise on the topic and adjust the first post to be more clear. I had previously just stated "only one entry per participant."

honestly i really don't need the box. got ten filled ones at home!

Hi Carl,

I know that you've already received a fair number of flies but I've been thinking that it might be fun for the raffle winner to know who tied what. So maybe one fly identifying the tier and fly? What do you think? :blink:

I thought about how to do that. Toe tags won't work, I don't think there will be enough room in the box. I am keeping track of who sends what in a spread sheet so I may be able to have an ordered list. It's a good idea just don't know how feasible.

Hi Carl,

I know that you've already received a fair number of flies but I've been thinking that it might be fun for the raffle winner to know who tied what. So maybe one fly identifying the tier and fly? What do you think? :blink:

I think a spread sheet is brilliant. The idea is just to give the winner some reference to the fly and the tier. Thanks for all your hard work. :yahoo:

Carl, what kind of box will you be putting the flies in? If they're secured in the box by foam or some other means, you could just list the names on a sheet of paper in order of the layout from top to bottom, left to right.

Edit: I guess this is what you were talking about doing with the spreadsheet.

If you're thinking of putting them in a box, without being secured, you could toe tag them with a number (would make for a smaller tag), then make a key to the tier's name. Just throwing ideas around.