Fly Tying
SnickASaurusRex

The perfect fly

If you could only tie and fish one bug what would it be. You could only put this one bug in your fly box, but in any color and size variant imaginable.

I'll tell you mine after a few good responses.

I would have to say The Clouser Minnow. If different shapes and sizes will take pretty much everything swimming.

If I'm going for trout it would be a simple black and white marabou streamer. Caught lots of trout on that thing. Top water would be the Dave's Hopper. I know that's two flies but just couldn't help myself.

double bunny. #10-3/0 white/chartreuse, tan/white, black/black, black/white, purple/chartreuse, pink/white, purple/white, red/white, white/white, tan/tan. i think i got the ones i would want.

If I had to limit it to just ONE fly....hands down...a Clouser Minnow. Everything eats a minnow, even other minnows. But I still love my poppers and divers!

Dryflypurist's "The Animal" I've said before and I'll say it again, the best general pattern I've ever come across. Will cover just about everything besides a minnow and you can fish it dry or wet.

The Animal

Hare's ear would be the closest second.