Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Trout.vs.Bass

Am I the only one

Am i the only one that uses js stockard hooks? I use them like they are going out of style man. I mean their cheap sharp and sometimes a little bent but i like them. I have never had a fish know wether it was a mustad or a js. I am sure the other hooks are just as good or better but i like them

I just got a bunch in larger sizes and they seem good so far. I haven't fished them yet, but I'd guess they will hold up as well as many of the other more expensive hooks. I do plan on sticking with TMC for #14 or smaller hooks. The price is right.

I have used their heavy wet fly hook a lot, and really like it. I have also used their streamer hook, and it has proven satisfactory for trout and bass flies. I picked up some of their dry fly hooks as well, but have not tied on those yet.

I just starting using them myself and really like them. Just order a bunch of different types with this sale they have going on. So far I really like them and will most definitely be using more of them and you can't beat the price even when there not on sale.

Mike

I just today got 4 packs of 3xl curved-shank hooks for nymphs (and stuff) in size 14, 16, 18, and 20. They look as if they will do the job as good as any. I don't think James would put the JStockard brand name on anything which wasn't a good value.

about the only time that i will spend the extra money on a premium hook is my steelhead flies. other than that its the cheaper the better.

Allen fly fishing...100 hooks for about 7 bucks. Free shipping on all hooks no matter how many you get. Orders over 25$ you get a free c&f fly box. You get two at 35$ and at various higher prices. They have good, quality hooks.

Allen fly fishing...100 hooks for about 7 bucks. Free shipping on all hooks no matter how many you get. Orders over 25$ you get a free c&f fly box. You get two at 35$ and at various higher prices. They have good, quality hooks.

I just made my first order with them the other day based on others recommendations and needed some hooks for a swap. I was pretty happy to see free shipping on my order (about 400 hooks).