Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
letumgo

Various Soft Hackle Flies

Mike - I use a Wasatch Micro Ceramic Bobbin. This bobbin is specially designed for the small silk spools. I've tyed with this bobbin for a couple years now and would highly recommend it. Very well made and a pleasure to tye with.

Hey Ray took your advise and found that Wasatch bobbin for about $16.50, online. Try my hand at some of these soft hackles w/silk thread .... something new for me. :)

Mike

Mike - I use a Wasatch Micro Ceramic Bobbin. This bobbin is specially designed for the small silk spools. I've tyed with this bobbin for a couple years now and would highly recommend it. Very well made and a pleasure to tye with.

Hey Ray took your advise and found that Wasatch bobbin for about $16.50, online. Try my hand at some of these soft hackles w/silk thread .... something new for me. :)

Mike

I have been waiting upwards of six weeks for my local fly shop to get the bobbin in for me. I like the owner and do what I can to support him, but if he doesn't get it in pretty soon I will probably just order it online. He tells me he is having troubles with Hareline, his supplier. I try to be understanding, but at some point it just gets ridiculous. I went through the same deal trying to get a partridge skin through him and finally gave up and ordered one off e-bay. Then a friend who bird hunts gave me three more partridges and a chukar, so I should be set on those for a while. :P

Now I remember you're the one that helps me spend too much money at the fly shop cause you have all these killer patterns. Man I feel a shopping trip coming on. :D

ChuckingFluff - I know exactly what you mean. I looked at some of the patterns posted which used the Clear Cure Goo and though it looked interesting. I found out my local fly shop recently got the stuff in and before you know it I was 60 bucks in the whole. Remember when you speak to you wife, the official story is "Honey, I am saving money by tying my one flies..." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Very Nice Letumgo!You were the one who inspired me to start tying and fishing soft hackle flies a few years ago.I thank you for your inspiration and by the way,since i've started using soft hackles,my catch rate has doubled.

shane

Nice lineup Ray, Ive tied up some of your copper,beaver and starlings and had some great fishing on the Owego creek.

Thanks Iso18 & creekhound! That's great. I am delighted to hear that soft hackle flies are working for you guys. I appreciate the feedback.

Hi Ray,

How did I miss these? Great line-up of flies, and a dunk in some trout water wouldn't hurt them at all, only improve them. Nice job, my friend.

Mark