Fly Tying
Horseshoes

Dubbing Swap Invitational

I have 10 size 10 olive czech nymph ready for mail...I need an addy :D

great!!! can't wait to see how they turned out.

Got my dubbing in the mail today. I will play around with it this evening and let you know which pattern I'll be tying.

glad it arrived.:)

While I have the time I would like to thank everyone for joining this swap. I am very pleased to say we have a global swap happening. So I will remind everyone that the time factor has taken this into consideration. I, personally think the fact that we are swapping over a great spanse of the globe is a great thing.

For our friends in Britain..stay safe.

fly_fischa hope you are dodging the troubles in your travel.

Thanks for your concern horseshoes, we've stayed out of harms way way so far :) it's a bit close for comfort though, hopefully they manage to get it under control soon. I'll let you know as soon as my fluff arrives ;)

I had to resend the dubbing out to fly_fischa again, it was returned for inaccurate postage. It was my fault.

Sorry fly_fischa and just wanted to keep everyone in the loop.

I had to resend the dubbing out to fly_fischa again, it was returned for inaccurate postage. It was my fault.

Sorry fly_fischa and just wanted to keep everyone in the loop.

A packet of Black Web Series dubbing arrived down under this afternoon!

Its so fine! I was hoping it wouldn't come to this But I think it's going to be a dry fly of some sort....

or maybe a soft hackle wet... I haven't a lot of materials at the moment... but I'll figure something out

edit: definately a soft hackle wet I think... web dubbing for the body, maybe a red hotspot and a grizzly hackle collar... I had a few failed attempts at playing last night... so hopefully tonight will improve.

Thanks Horseshoes!

Edited by Li'lDave

Sorry for the life story...

I've had a play tonight.. the soft hackle just didn't work, and then I murdered a couple of pheasant tails... and then it came to me... something nice and simple... a black bead-head nymph with a red "hot-spot".

I'll be away for 17 days come Sunday (at a construction camp)... but I'll be in Brisbane Sunday briefly so should be able to pick up more of the beads I need while I'm there. Will take my vise with me so I can tie them up of a night time...

fishingbobnelson your flies arrived!!!!!! your previous photo does not do them justice. what a bunch of buggy nymphs.

Horseshoes, my flies went out in today's mail. Should be there in a few days. I hope they pass inspection! Thanks for hosting.

BB