Fly Tying
bentflyrod

SECRET SANTA SWAP 2011!!!!!!

This is where we stand as of today! 4 more to go!!!!

1)NJ All Day OK

2)riffleriversteelheadslayer OK RECEIVED

3)Big J OK RECEIVED

4)Herman OK RECEIVED

5)fly tryer OK RECEIVED

6)bluegill576 OK

7)famill00 OK RECEIVED

8)mybadhabit OK RECEIVED

9)fishingbobnelson OK RECEIVED

10)flygirl OK RECEIVED

11)FrequentTyer OK RECEIVED

12)Margaretann OK

13)Chase Creek OK RECEIVED

14)Jolly Red OK RECEIVED

15)Will OK RECEIVED

16)Dezod OK

17)lykos33 OK RECEIVED

18)Horseshoes OK RECEIVED

19)imx OK

20)utyer OK RECEIVED

21)bigdewy OK RECEIVED

22)jburge OK RECEIVED

23)Ridleyffo OK RECEIVED

24)ibrb OK RECEIVED

25)breambuster OK RECEIVED

26)cencalfly OK RECEIVED

27)Finjunkie OK RECEIVED

28)2bonthewater OK RECEIVED

Glad they made it..........never had a Postal Clerk curse me out before and throw my package back at me............very interesting........

Glad they made it..........never had a Postal Clerk curse me out before and throw my package back at me............very interesting........

Somehow I think we are missing part of the story :blink:

Here is how it went down.........I asked for a 5 dollar stamp.......guy goes over to other counter to get stamp.......comes back and states--how do you know it'll be enough?? I go excuse me......he says it again.....I said enough for what, I'm not understanding?? He goes.........WTF and throws his hands up in the air...........I said, dude, what's your problem.....he said I don't need this shit.........what is your deal........he's like, how do you know it's enough postage........I go, uhhh, well I've done this many times before.......plus I was a postal clerk in the military........he says whatever man-staring at me like he wants to kill me.......and throws the package me.........I throw it back--onto the scale and said do your g-damned job.......he keeps staring.........and I keep saying........what's your problem..........are you that disgruntled..........he's like, I was just trying to save you money man.......I said no......you were trying to make me look stupid.........if you wanted to save me money, you wouldn't have said IS THAT ENOUGH.........he kept staring like a crazy rabid dog at me........it was funny....I never raised my voice and I think that made him even angrier........I'm just glad they made it there and didn't get tossed into the trash.........

the postal clerk was seriously having a bad day and I guess I looked like a good dude to take it out on..................

then, to top it off.........an older lady starts giving US crap because her granddaughter is missing and could we please stop..........I was cool with that........but then, the guy in front of her starts yelling at her.....screaming at her--how she needs to shutup because he is in a hurry..........I told the guy to leave the lady alone..........

I waited outside for granny......I apologized to her and stated that the Clerk and the guy in front of her were both out of line............she was shaking horribly.......upset about her granddaughter.......

My wife is like what are you doing.............I said waiting to apologize to granny............loudmouth dude in line........got in his car and zoomed out of the lot..........

It was without a doubt...........the craziest crap I have ever seen at a post office.............I lost my power the next day for 7 days.............so, I had other things to worry about and forgot about it all...........now the fight is with state farm.......folks who consider your house habitable: if you have no power, live lines on the ground right next to your house, no heat, no running water, no nothing----tree limbs are falling onto your house, the temps at night ranged from the teens to low 30's.......and you have a 6 and 5 year old in the house...........what a crock..........LIKE A GOOD NEIGHBOR my butt......they were of no help and did their best to belittle the wife and I with every phone call we made......the last straw was my insurance agent of 14 years.......talking to me like I was a criminal with my hand out...........Progressive hear I come...........starting Dec 04...........the only question I asked them, repeatedly was if there was some way State Farm could get us a reduced rate at a hotel or motel...............still have not gotten an answer..........but we stayed at a Bed and Breakfast one night....and they gave the wife crap, stating--why did you feel it necessary to stay at a hotel?? unreal...................................................

Somehow I think we are missing part of the story :blink:

Two last minute arrivals came in! Dezod and imx, excellent job on the flies.

One more set to go!

I will be finishing the picture and wrapping them this week so I can start shipping them next week.

BFR

Margaretann, the postman decided to deliver your flies yesterday. I got home real late and I have not opened them yet, so I don't know how they look.

Bluegill I am watching for them.

BFR

Recieved a package today as well. Thanks Tim for all you do to make this event a success every year. Now I have to get my better half to hide these from me until Christmas.

Mine arrived today. :D

<_< Downside - really nice job wrapping. My wife does not understand why I can't seem to wrap that well, so she now wants me to help her wrap the Christmas gifts.

Anyway, thanks for hosting this again - really looking forward to Christmas morning

Mine came in today. Now the question is "can I wait till Christmas to open them?" Going to be a tough two weeks!