Fly Tying
Teioneon

Favorite music while tying?

I caved in about 2 years ago and bought a small stereo unit to keep on the desk. This is so the one in the living room does not blast out the neighbors or wife.

I usually drop Jimmy Buffet biggrin.gif in the cd player or if in a very relaxed frame of mind will listen to some classical music. Every once in awhile the a local NPR station does old radio shows later in the evening.

I know one guy who listens to nothing but the oldies channel on a small radio he seems to take everywhere with him.

Wow. Now that one depends.

If I'm cranking out a bunch of easy patterns (glo bugs, leeches, etc.) I usually go with something heavy like Slayer, Pantera, Metallica, Korn, or the likes.

If it is standard tying it is usually something more mellow - Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Dave Matthews, sometimes even some butt rock like old Iron Maiden.

For intricate patterns, or ones that I haven't tied yet I go with groovy like Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, or maybe some Hendrix or Pink Floyd.

The classical will often come out as well, but that is usually reserved for rodbuilding.

I have a wierd range of taste in music so mine varies alot. Most of the time if i'm really into tying for a trip and want to get into the tying "mood" i stick in the soundtrack from A River Runs Thourgh It..or some JD(John Denver).

But just like Carl if i'm just whippin out some eggs or buggers or something that i'm tryin to get a bunch of easy patterns done for then in goes the Metalica,Korn,Kid Rock,Disturbed punk.gif

SD

That is a great question. I have to agree with Carl, all depends on the flies.

If it's something new and I'm shooting for creativity, silence provokes thought. As do a few cold ones wink.gif

Country, regardless of the pattern, although my concentration does drift a bit when Shania Twain comes on. Boy, that girl sure can sing.....

I'm with Carl. Metallica, Slip Knot, lincln Park, something loud and obnoxious for most tying. Through in some Meatloaf (yes, Meatloaf) and I'm going to good for awhile. headbang.gif

Maybe I'm showing my age but, what's butt rock?

laugh.gif Its another term for 80s hair bands. You know, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Dokken, Def Leppard, etc. punk.gif It's probably more of a regional than an age thing. But I suppose it depends how old you are. rolleyes.gif.