Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
southernRoller7

My first fish on a hand tied fly

Had to let him eat it forever, almost 20 seconds! and i was casting from within some bushes, so literally all you could see was a hand whipping a rod back and fourth from the bushes... i almost fell in... but i knew i had him once i set the hook. I fought him for a few good minutes and got him up on the bank. Very satisfying feeling! I used a guadaloupe green that i tied under suggestion of @heavynets, thanks so much, the fly worked fantastically!

post-37686-0-40252900-1327609672_thumb.jpg

post-37686-0-48217700-1327609686_thumb.jpg

post-37686-0-89701100-1327609694_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys, and dont worry, the madness has all ready worked its way deep into my brain, and its even more exasperated by me locked on campus at the good old Citadel all week! haha it seems like every time im on leave, this is what im doin! love it.

Nicely done! A good tie and a good catch. But I thought you were going after grass carp??? Luckily that fly will catch most anything. I think you are hooked for life.

Congrats Southernroller!!! We get few firsts in life the older we get. Because of that, when one of my clients does I always cut off that fly if it survives the day and tuck it away. At Christmas they get a box in the mail with a framed photo of their fish and the fly I tucked away either in the frame

or on the frame. I'd say that fish of yours and the fly he ate warrant a little shelf space. Welcome to the tribe bro.

Bravo!!! It is such a nice experience when one catches fish off the fly he/she has tyed. Did a fantastic job and as one mentione already "and the sickness begins." Cheers to ya!