Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

Casting for Recovery Fly Boxes

Bob

Mine are done, however I am not going to mail them for a week, I am going to Detroit next weekend so will mail them from there as it will still be quicker than mailing from Canada.

I have made 2 sets, just in case there is a need for a spare, if not then feel free to keep them or give them to a youngster.

Steve

Got a great set of flies from riffleriversteelheadslayer today. Eleven sets to go, Lil Dave's are in the mail and FlyTryer's are ready to be mailed. How is everyone else doing? Thanks again to all who have agreed to donate. B)

My flies are ready and I will pop them in the mail Monday. :)

glad they made it Bob I tried to put a variety of my favorite patterns in there the lime trudes are my all time favorite brookie dry fly its the first fly I tie on when nothing is hatching and has continued to be productive year after year

mine are done...just need to get em mailed off, most likely tomorrow after work

Looking forward to seeing the flies that are ready to be mailed. Seeing everyone's flies is one of the best things about hosting. I will photograph all the boxes and post them on the site before they are sent to CFR. B)

Mine are done. I'm sure I have your address around here somewhere, but if you'd send it again I won't have to keep looking for it...

Thanks!

A good friend's wife just passed from cancer last week. Thanks for your efforts Bob.

Bob

I just got back from vacation with my wife and kids and will start tying my flies for CFR tonight. I think I will tye mostly dry flies, as they give the novice fisher the greatest "rush" even when the fish isn't hooked. My wife has a business trip to Indianapolis next week and I will ask her to mail them. (Did I mention before that Canada Post sucks?)

Ahemmm....dry.gif

Bob

I just got back from vacation with my wife and kids and will start tying my flies for CFR tonight. I think I will tye mostly dry flies, as they give the novice fisher the greatest "rush" even when the fish isn't hooked. My wife has a business trip to Indianapolis next week and I will ask her to mail them. (Did I mention before that Canada Post sucks?)

Just got a very nice collection form JohnP. Thanks for the donation, glad to see you back at the vise, hope you are on the road to recovery and back on the water soon.

Oops! I didn't mean to disparage anyone on this site. Least of all one whose flies I have admired so much from the swaps I have participated in. And I have great respect for Canada's fine lettercarriers. My problem is with the postage rates and, to a lesser extent, delivery time. My sincere apologies, Horseshoes if you are a letter carrier. (BTW- I hitchhiked acropss Canada twice in the late 60s.)

Ahemmm....dry.gif

Bob

rockworm... nah.. you didn't upset me. It was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. I know our postal is up to other standards but it covers a huge land mass with little population to pay for it. So to expect it to perform beyond its' means is pushing it I guess. I understand it must be a bit frustrating trying to adjust to it. But hey!! it does releive stress to move at a slower pace. lol.

You hiked all the way across twice? Once wasn't enough?