Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

Casting for Recovery Fly Boxes

WE ARE FULL

For the third year I am again looking for 14 fly tyers to tie enough flies for one Casting for Recovery Retreat. http://castingforrecovery.org/home Tyers will put together a box of flies for a participant, each with an assortment of 12 flies. Please use the following patterns for your box. Bead-head Nymphs (sizes 10, 12); Attractor Dry Flies (sizes 8-12); Terrestrials (sizes 10, 12); Wooly Buggers (lightly weighted, sizes 6, 8); Parachute Adams (sizes 10, 12). Please tie only 12 flies so that each participant gets the same amount in their fly box. I will contact J. Stockard to see if they will again provide the fly boxes. If not, I will provide them. So send your flies in an Altoids or similar box that you do not want returned. When I have 14 confirmed tyers I will send a PM with my mailing address. As in the past, when I receive a confirmation from CFR I will post a copy for tax purposes. I will take the first 14 with "I'm In"

1. riffleriversteelheadslayer Received

2. JohnP - Received

3. Geozip - Received

4. MTFlyJunkie no response to last pm

5. flygirl - Received

6. rockworm - Received

7. utyer - Received

8. imx - Received

9. troutguy - Received

10.gpd4 - Received

11.Margaretann - Received

12.fly tryer - Received

13.li'l Dave Received

14.fishingbobnelson Done

Thank You All

Edited by fishingbobnelson

The last time I recall a CFR tying swap it ended being a scam in which the person got A LOT of flies. <_<

I'll jump in on this one too, Bob. I know you are a stand-up guy and I am sure my back can tolerate tying a dozen flies for a good cause like this. Cancer has taken its toll on my family. When is the due date?

I'll jump in on this one too, Bob. I know you are a stand-up guy and I am sure my back can tolerate tying a dozen flies for a good cause like this. Cancer has taken its toll on my family. When is the due date?

Thanks John, I thought I would set a due date when I had 14 volunteers.

Would love to get in on this one bob, but my skills aren't up to scratch for a dozen different trout flies.

However, if you are interested I could tie a couple of woolly buggers and a nymph that could go into each of the boxes.

Otherwise... Good luck mate! Love your work.

Just a clarification please Bob? Your original post suggests you want each of us to submit 12 assorted flies. Wouldn't it be easier if each of us picked one pattern from your list and tyed a dozen identical flies? (One for each of your boxes.) I know I spend more time finding materialsand setting up for each pattern than it takes to tye half-a-dozen flies.