Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Matt McK

Bass patterns

I would say try a white bellied mouse. You wont get a lot of bits but the ones you do will be monstrous.

S.T.P. foam frog has caught me my biggest bass. Any stupid chunk of foam with some stuff hanging off it will work. LOL.. I have had good days with worm flies too. Simple to tie too. Dahlberg diving minnow is my favorite close to cat tails. I think gurglers are a easy tie but haven't fished mine yet. I keep tying on the old relyables. I have thousands of flies and only use the same three over and over. LOL.. I really think the body of water will help decide the fly. If it has lots of shoreline cover, I like top water in low light. Use a good weedless sinking pattern in bright light conditions. Do you see frogs on the bank? Well, maybe a frog is a good idea. Is there a population of shad in the lake? If so, I recommend a shad type fly. No shad but lots of rocks, use a crawfish or minnow pattern in the rocks. Do you see bass rising on bait fish? A shallow running baitfish is the ticket. Just being observant can tell you the right lure a lot of time. "Also asking the old timers sitting on the docks can help too" LOL. Now that I think about it, hell I'm an old timer.

Any stupid chunk of foam with some stuff hanging off it will work.

I keep tying on the old relyables. I have thousands of flies and only use the same three over and over.

Just being observant can tell you the right lure a lot of time.

Doesn't get more true than that.

William B Tedrick has you tube channel and ties a simple but awesome "froggy fly". The dahlberg diver is one of my favorites especially if you can find foam version.

William B Tedrick has you tube channel and ties a simple but awesome "froggy fly". The dahlberg diver is one of my favorites especially if you can find foam version.

Can you post a link to the video?

Thanks

Try this. So easy and very effective. Plus the door is wide open to modify if you feel the need. Enjoy.